cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oswin
Level: Powered On

Error in saving Flow after adding new CDS field (global option set)

Hi all,

As of today I'm facing an issue with saving one of my existing Flows, in which I'm trying to add a new field to a CDS (current environment) update step. The field is of type option set (global) and works absolutely fine in CDS/D365, but once I populate the field in the Flow step (either selecting a value or using an expression) saving the Flow will give me the following error:

The API operation does not contain a definition for parameter 'item/xx_xxx'.

With xx_xxx of course being the name of the option set. I have not seen this issue with other (global) option sets in the past. Re-adding the field and publishing was of no help so far, so I'm wondering if anyone here has face (and hopefully solved) this issue before? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Oswin

Re: Error in saving Flow after adding new CDS field (global option set)

Alright I think I wasn't patient enough. After waiting 5 minutes and saving again the field was accapted.

I'll keep this thread here for others who might face the same issue Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Oswin

Alright I think I wasn't patient enough. After waiting 5 minutes and saving again the field was accapted.

I'll keep this thread here for others who might face the same issue Smiley Happy

Super User
Super User

HI @Oswin 

Glad that it worked. 

Please note that such issues might occur due to caching, or when you might try inputting the option for the option set and then select based on the search results, (So let's say that you haev this field with a global option set and there are 10-15 values in that and you type first few characters of the option you want to choose and select the option then so at this time due to a lag that error might pop up and eventually once it recognises the correct input it goes away.)

Hope this Helps!!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Oswin ,

Thanks so much for posting in Flow Community! It appears that you have found a solution to your issue!

If so, please click "Accept as Solution" on the reply that describes how you were able to solve your issue!

This makes your post much easier for other members of the community to see and find when looking for a solution!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
CRod96
Level: Power Up

I am having the same error when I delete an Option Set in Dynamics 365. 

The API operation does not contain a definition for parameter 'item/xx_xxx'.

I understand that the previous issue was resolved within 5 minutes without taking any action. However, this has been over 24 hours and Flow is still giving the error. 

The error also occurs when I try and turn one of my Flows back on. 

The error occurs when tying to save an edited Flow on any Flow step where I am updating a record for a custom entity in Dynamics 365 where it again references 'item/xx_xxx'. My flow was never updating or using the value from the option set before it was removed.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 177 members 5,395 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: