cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Automate2create

Error message when building flow - Flow saved failed 'InvalidTemplate'...

Hi there

Please can anyone help me deciphering this error message.  I  understand that my template is invalid due to the section 'Create an approval' but what is line 1 and column 4489.  Is line 1 the Approval type?  

Automate2create_0-1618322834354.png

I have inserted my flow below but I'm not convinced I have set it up correctly.  

Automate2create_1-1618323582401.png

Automate2create_3-1618323652714.png

Automate2create_4-1618323683683.png

These are the original flow instructions:

Advanced | Flow of the Week: Send parallel approval requests to a dynamic set of approvers | Power A...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there

Thanks for looking at my question.  When I hover, I get this expression:

Automate2create_0-1618327249619.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The problem appears to be the use of Current Item in the approvers field of the Apply to Each.  if you hover over that field what does the tooltip say?  Where is Current Item coming from?  It should be either an email address or a semicolon delimited string of email addresses.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi there

Thanks for looking at my question.  When I hover, I get this expression:

Automate2create_0-1618327249619.png

View solution in original post

That's not a valid selection.  Is the Apply to Each loop inside the Apply to Each Deparment loop?

Hi Pstork1

I've set up the Apply to each Approver inside the Apply to each Department as the instruction below.

(note that the instruction has slightly different names to the current ones.  Apply to each approver and Apply to each department are new names but in the the instruction it is using old names so it was just called Apply to each for both)

Automate2create_1-1618390338473.png

After that, comes a section of flow with Condition setup.  I have set this up as a new action outside of the Apply to each department > Apply to each approver part of the flow.  I have tried setting it up as an action within the Apply to each department > apply to each approver part of the flow but the options are not available to do this.

Automate2create_2-1618390617089.png

The problem is with your current item.  I think you picked the current item from the wrong loop.  It should just be 

items('Apply_to_each') 

when you hover over it.  I'm not sure how you got references to both loops in that spot.  But its not a valid reference.

Automate2create

I am further on with the flow but have another block.

When testing the flow, getting the following error:

Automate2create_0-1618414108392.png

Although the error details say Folder Not Found, the folder definitely exists and the site address (blocked out for privacy reasons) is correct.  The Limit Entries to Folder field actually has an expression in it which doesn't show on this screen for some reason so the snip below is from the actual flow (edit flow).  The instructions show a delimiter before and after the expression but when I add the delimiter after the expression, it deletes the expression (I have also tried putting a space in between the expression and the second delimiter but it makes no difference). 

Automate2create_2-1618414733642.png

(when hovering over the FolderName, the expression is variables('FolderName'))

Limit entries to folder should be just a Folder name or dynamic content.  You've inserted an Odata query.  Remove the Title eq ' and just use FolderName

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (73,989)