cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Error message when setting a URI in "Send an HTTP request to SharePoint"

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a flow to change the core SharePoint column 'name', and have read a number of articles suggesting that this can be done by using 'Send an HTTP request to SharePoint'.

I've configured this in line with everything I've read, but am getting an error as follows:

The expression \"web/lists/GetByTitle/('TeamDocuments')/items(7101)\" is not valid.

TeamDocuments is the name of the document library where all items are stored - I can validate this by linking to https://ourcompany.sharepoint.com/sites/XX1234/TeamDocuments
and there is an item in the library with ID 7101. Note I'm hard coding the item number simply as part of troubleshooting.

The flow step itself looks like this:
 HTTP request.jpg

Can anyone advise what I'm doing wrong, or if there is a foolproof way of generating / testing the URI?

Thanks,

Ian

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Error message when setting a URI in "Send an HTTP request to SharePoint"

Hi @IanWa,

The error is the quote mismatch, please remove the double quote and add a single quote back.

Annotation 2020-01-14 103523.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Lin Tu,

Thanks for pointing this typo out, however I'm still getting the same error message - which to me indicates that the problem is with the uri. Is there a way of testing or generating the uri aside from just writing it from scratch?

Thanks,

Ian

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Lin Tu,

I've built the same form and flow using a service account, and with this I'm no longer getting the same error.

This would suggest that using 'Send HTTP request to SP' requires some form of premium licensing - is this correct?

That said, I am getting a different error further through the process, but I'll raise this as a new message.

Thanks,

Ian

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IanWa,

No, it's not a premium connector, so it doesn't require a premium license.

The error will disappear may be caused by you create it from scratch, some tiny mistake you did not mention corrected, or the connection you recreated and refreshed the authentication.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,720)