Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swebb111
Frequent Visitor

Error message when trying to convert string to array

Hello everyone, 

Here is the error I am getting:
The variable 'ListItems' has size of more than '104929364' bytes. This exceeded the maximum size '104857600' allowed.

I'm trying to pass data I gather from a SharePoint Document Library in to a String Variable then pass that in to an Array. The ending result should be an email with all the items in the array sent to a representative within my org. 

If anyone has any experience with this, your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what additional information you need to help me resolve this. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@swebb111 

Can you post a screen shot of your Flow?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@ScottShearer Hope this helps. If you need additional information, please let me know. 

Flow Error 1.pngFlow Error 2.png

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@swebb111 

While I can't find it in the documentation, there does appear to be a maximum size limit for array variable and you hit it.

Can you explain what you are doing with your Flow (hard to tell since the actions are not expanded)?  Maybe there is another way to approach your requirement.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Yeah, so basically I'm trying to send an email to notify stake holders in my environment of documents that need review on SharePoint. The flow is supposed to crawl the doc library, find the docs that need review, list those docs, and send the email. The original issue was the formatting was wonky, and everything was just in one big long line, no separation of names etc. I tried using the Create HTML Table, but the variable needed to be converted from string to array. I'll walk through the current flow:

Recurrence - Schedule for when to run the flow

Init ListItems - initialize string variable ListItems

Get Files - crawl the doc library to find all items that need review

Apply to each - Assign value to each item found and append to string variable

Compose 2 - Split variable listitems w/ a comma

Set Variable - I believe this is where it turns it in to an array from Compose 2 output

Send an email - sends the email

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (4,038)