cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Error on Automate trigger (The input trigger ‘manual’ of type ‘Request’ did not match its schema definition)

Hi all,

I have sort of an odd error (for me) when building out a Flow.  I’m working on a project to collect YouTube video data using Googles video data API (video.list).  The flow works well in testing each object until I add the Add to each and SQL insert row. 

Background:

The flow is structured in this manner:

Graphical reference:

michaelBurch_0-1597926785286.png

michaelBurch_1-1597926785293.png

Issue:

As I build the flow, all testing works great (test, add dynamic content (HTTP_URI=video ID), run) until I add the SQL Insert row.  Then I get the following error:

michaelBurch_2-1597926785296.png

The odd this is if I add the entire URI string to the HTTP_URI during a test it will run fine.

I’m really stuck here.  I’ve rebuilt the Flow a few times to no avail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Error on Automate trigger (The input trigger ‘manual’ of type ‘Request’ did not match its schema definition)

Hi michaelBurch,

First off, this is a slick idea, so kudos to you on that.

Power Automate knows the URI field on the HTTP action needs a URI to be passed in, so it's forcing the input to be a URI.  In most scenarios this is helpful, since it prevents you from running the flow with invalid inputs.  The twist is that since you are only inputting part of the URI from the Power Apps trigger, the input doesn't actually need to be a URI, just a string.

One simple way to get around this would be to add an "Initialize variable" step, set the type to "string", and then for the Value use "Ask in Power Apps".  You can then use the string variable in your portion of the HTTP request.  Something like this:

thjeffri_0-1598294559545.png

This way, you avoid Power Automate forcing you into providing a URI input.

Let me know if this helps,

Tom

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Error on Automate trigger (The input trigger ‘manual’ of type ‘Request’ did not match its schema definition)

Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to facilitate a response.  Any assistance would be really appreciated. 

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi michaelBurch,

First off, this is a slick idea, so kudos to you on that.

Power Automate knows the URI field on the HTTP action needs a URI to be passed in, so it's forcing the input to be a URI.  In most scenarios this is helpful, since it prevents you from running the flow with invalid inputs.  The twist is that since you are only inputting part of the URI from the Power Apps trigger, the input doesn't actually need to be a URI, just a string.

One simple way to get around this would be to add an "Initialize variable" step, set the type to "string", and then for the Value use "Ask in Power Apps".  You can then use the string variable in your portion of the HTTP request.  Something like this:

thjeffri_0-1598294559545.png

This way, you avoid Power Automate forcing you into providing a URI input.

Let me know if this helps,

Tom

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello Tom,

This worked PERFECTLY!!!

I really appreciate your guidance on this!  And thank you for the compliment on the project; it is a really fun one.

Thank you, again

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,051)