cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Frequent Visitor

Error on Automate trigger (The input trigger ‘manual’ of type ‘Request’ did not match its schema definition)

Hi all,

I have sort of an odd error (for me) when building out a Flow.  I’m working on a project to collect YouTube video data using Googles video data API (video.list).  The flow works well in testing each object until I add the Add to each and SQL insert row. 

Background:

The flow is structured in this manner:

Graphical reference:

michaelBurch_0-1597926785286.png

 

michaelBurch_1-1597926785293.png

 

Issue:

As I build the flow, all testing works great (test, add dynamic content (HTTP_URI=video ID), run) until I add the SQL Insert row.  Then I get the following error:

michaelBurch_2-1597926785296.png

 

 The odd this is if I add the entire URI string to the HTTP_URI during a test it will run fine.

I’m really stuck here.  I’ve rebuilt the Flow a few times to no avail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi michaelBurch,

 

First off, this is a slick idea, so kudos to you on that.

 

Power Automate knows the URI field on the HTTP action needs a URI to be passed in, so it's forcing the input to be a URI.  In most scenarios this is helpful, since it prevents you from running the flow with invalid inputs.  The twist is that since you are only inputting part of the URI from the Power Apps trigger, the input doesn't actually need to be a URI, just a string.

 

One simple way to get around this would be to add an "Initialize variable" step, set the type to "string", and then for the Value use "Ask in Power Apps".  You can then use the string variable in your portion of the HTTP request.  Something like this:

thjeffri_0-1598294559545.png

 

This way, you avoid Power Automate forcing you into providing a URI input.

 

Let me know if this helps,

 

Tom

 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Visitor

Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to facilitate a response.  Any assistance would be really appreciated. 

Hi michaelBurch,

 

First off, this is a slick idea, so kudos to you on that.

 

Power Automate knows the URI field on the HTTP action needs a URI to be passed in, so it's forcing the input to be a URI.  In most scenarios this is helpful, since it prevents you from running the flow with invalid inputs.  The twist is that since you are only inputting part of the URI from the Power Apps trigger, the input doesn't actually need to be a URI, just a string.

 

One simple way to get around this would be to add an "Initialize variable" step, set the type to "string", and then for the Value use "Ask in Power Apps".  You can then use the string variable in your portion of the HTTP request.  Something like this:

thjeffri_0-1598294559545.png

 

This way, you avoid Power Automate forcing you into providing a URI input.

 

Let me know if this helps,

 

Tom

 

View solution in original post

Hello Tom,

This worked PERFECTLY!!!

I really appreciate your guidance on this!  And thank you for the compliment on the project; it is a really fun one.

Thank you, again

Michael

 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,664)