cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelone
Level: Powered On

Error on executing Teams > Post a reply to message action

In older flows I have built with same action invoked, there's no issue to execute. And now I use the same action in a new flow, it failed with below error. I am not sure there's something changed at background by MS.

OpenApiOperationParameterTypeConversionFailed. The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Post_a_reply_to_a_message_(V2)_2' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: Input parameter 'messageId' is required to be of type 'Integer/int32'. The runtime value '1576006164768' to be converted doesn't have the expected format 'Integer/int32'.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Error on executing Teams > Post a reply to message action

Hi @michaelone ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the flow so we could reproduce the issue?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

michaelone

Hi Alice,

Below is a part of the flow. I would first get messages from a Teams channel and loop through for a specific one then save its message ID, which to be stored into variable 'oriMsgId' with expression 'body('Get_messages')?['Value']?[iterationIndexes('Do_until')]?['id']'. And this 'oriMsgId' would be used as message Id parameter in 'Post a reply to a mesage (V2)' action. Error thrown at that action block when the flow runs.

Annotation 2019-12-12 171159.png

michaelone

Anyone else got the same issue?

kkamitsu
Level: Power Up

Yes, I got the same issue. The type of MessageId is 'string', but the type of parameter of Post a reply to a message (V2) is expected 'integer'.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,026)