cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Error "Cannot read property 'exists' of Null" when adding a new action on an already existing Flow

Hi all

I have an already existing Flow, just some minutes ago I opened it to add a new action block, but I can't since Flow editor is showing the following error:

FlowCannotReadPropertyExistsOfNull.png

It's a bit difficult for me to share screenshots of the flow logic since it is a bit complex (more than 10 action blocks, 2 conditions, 1 foreach); if you find it valuable I can export it and share the .zip file instead

Thank you in advance!

If anyone is trying to help you with an issue, the fastest way to say thanks is by kudoing. Be grateful, Thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ch2017
Level: Powered On

Re: Error "Cannot read property 'exists' of Null" when adding a new action on an already e

had the same, just save you flow, go to My Flows then back again edit your flow, message disappears

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ch2017

Re: Error "Cannot read property 'exists' of Null" when adding a new action on an already e

had the same, just save you flow, go to My Flows then back again edit your flow, message disappears

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue.  I'm trying to add new actions to my flow and it keeps telling me "Cannot read property 'exists" of null".

I tried to save my flow and restart, but it isn't going away. Any other ideas?

Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous, @efialttes and @ch2017

I did a lot of tests and discover that the problem is a cache - simple press CTRL + SHIFT + R and it workarounds the problem.

We are waiting for a fix

Best Regards,

Gustavo Moraes

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Gustavo Moraes, o astronauta brasileiro do Flow!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi all,

Apologize for the current situation.

This is a known issue, and a fix is being published this week.

Edit:

To workaround this, please take a try to refresh the current editing page, which should be able to get the Add new Action work.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Mikael_Svenson

I hope this is resolves sooner rather than later as it's hard to finish a flow when you cannot edit it. Guess the customer just have to be patient.

Thanks,
Mikael Svenson
Microsoft MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,070)