cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCNehs
Helper V
Helper V

Error that started yesterday everything working the day before and earlier that day - Initialize String

I am all of a sudden having the error below come up on a workflow yesterday.  It was working fine for the last 2 weeks and even Wednesday but yesterday it failed.  I used my test list to enter the same information and the workflow ran with no issues and then I've checked everything and don't see anything that doesn't match.  Any ideas?  How is it working in the other list and not this one all of a sudden?

'Initialize_string_variable_Body_of_Submitted_Email' inputs at line '1' and column '44722': 'The template language expression 'body('Format_number_COSellCalcColumn')?['body']' cannot be evaluated because property 'body' cannot be selected. Property selection is not supported on values of type 'String'

I used HTML in the initialize variable area (string) and have a calculated column where i used for format tool

eIssue.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DCNehs
Helper V
Helper V

@ekarim2020 , the issue isn't in an email, it's in the initialize variable area.  I then add the variable with the HTML in the body of the email so if i have to make any changes, i only need to do it in 1 place.  What I ended up having to do is leave the initialize variable blank and then add Set variable and it worked. 

The interesting thing is that it worked yesterday morning, but not in the afternoon.  I have other workflows set up the same way in this tool and had no issues with them functioning.  Not even in my test form.  Not sure what happened here and why it decided to not like it in the PM.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ekarim2020
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you delete and then re-add the dynamic content for the formatted number.

When you hover over the dynamic content, it should look like the text below:

2021-10-15_18-29-27.png

Ellis

DCNehs
Helper V
Helper V

@ekarim2020 , the issue isn't in an email, it's in the initialize variable area.  I then add the variable with the HTML in the body of the email so if i have to make any changes, i only need to do it in 1 place.  What I ended up having to do is leave the initialize variable blank and then add Set variable and it worked. 

The interesting thing is that it worked yesterday morning, but not in the afternoon.  I have other workflows set up the same way in this tool and had no issues with them functioning.  Not even in my test form.  Not sure what happened here and why it decided to not like it in the PM.

View solution in original post

ekarim2020
Community Champion
Community Champion

I agree that this is very odd that the flow has stopped working suddenly. I'm not able to reproduce the error using the dynamic content for Formatted Number:

ekarim2020_0-1634319577762.png

Note the difference between the expressions used in your initialize variable and my test - which is not correct:

2021-10-15_18-42-20.png

The only way I can reproduce the exact same error message is to use the same expression as I see in your initialize variable :

body('Format_number_COSellCalcColumn')?['body']

This then produces the same error message - which means that the expression is not valid:

2021-10-15_18-47-47.png

ekarim2020_1-1634319990686.png

Some options are:

1. Save a new copy of the flow - test and use this new flow. There could be some internal corruption within the flow.
  2. Or, delete the affected actions and then re-create then in the flow

Ellis

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,179)