Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mickyw
Resolver I
Resolver I

Error using connector Office365 Shared Groups

Hi

I'm having following error when trying to use Office365 Shared Group connector as a part of my flow:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'List_group_members' inputs at line '1' and column '2586': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_office365groups']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_office365groups' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline'. Please see ****/aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

What is strange when I create new Flow from scratch using one of the templates provided as an example it works.

Failing step code is:

{
    "inputs": {
        "host": {
            "connection": {
                "name": "@json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_office365groups']['connectionId']"
            }
        },
        "method": "get",
        "path": "/v1.0/groups/@{encodeURIComponent('3dbebb47-0931-4d86-9da5-cd3e3b93ec65')}/members",
        "authentication": {
            "type": "Raw",
            "value": "@json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$ConnectionKey']"
        }
    }
}

Same kind of step which works withing flow created from example:

{
    "inputs": {
        "host": {
            "connection": {
                "name": "@json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_office365groups']['connectionId']"
            }
        },
        "method": "get",
        "path": "/v1.0/groups/@{encodeURIComponent('3dbebb47-0931-4d86-9da5-cd3e3b93ec65')}/members",
        "authentication": {
            "type": "Raw",
            "value": "@json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$ConnectionKey']"
        }
    },
    "metadata": {
        "flowSystemMetadata": {
            "swaggerOperationId": "ListGroupMembers"
        }
    }
}

How to approach problem like this? 

Regards,

Michal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @v-yamao-msft 

Thank you for you reply. I was able to narrow the problem down and it was my mistake/misunderstanding.

I added additional step to flow utilizing new connector but to test it I re-used values from previous runs. New step did not require any new parameters - so I thought it will work. But looks like only full ran (i.e. with new values entered manually or from any other trigger) is able to recognize and add new connector to the flow. The fact that it was Shared Groups connecter was irrelevant in this case - the same happens with any other.

Interstingly new connection was listed immediatelly when I inspected flow details - it misled me at start so I was looking somewhere else for the reason.

Regards,

Michal

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mickyw ,

How is your flow created?

It seems that there is an issue on action List group members of connector Office 365 Shared Groups.

I have made a simple test to list members in a group when a button is clicked. It runs successfully.

1.PNG

Do other actions of Office 365 Shared Groups have the same issue?

Could you please try again with it?

If the issue still exists, please feel free post back.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yamao-msft 

Thank you for you reply. I was able to narrow the problem down and it was my mistake/misunderstanding.

I added additional step to flow utilizing new connector but to test it I re-used values from previous runs. New step did not require any new parameters - so I thought it will work. But looks like only full ran (i.e. with new values entered manually or from any other trigger) is able to recognize and add new connector to the flow. The fact that it was Shared Groups connecter was irrelevant in this case - the same happens with any other.

Interstingly new connection was listed immediatelly when I inspected flow details - it misled me at start so I was looking somewhere else for the reason.

Regards,

Michal

View solution in original post

Hi @Mickyw ,

Can you please explain how you resolved the issue? I am facing exact same issue in my Flow but I'm not able to understand your solution here.

Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (77,538)