Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Error when adding multiple outputs from child-flow using PowerApp response action

Hey there,


I have a child-flow that is using the Respond to PowerApp to respond back up.

I originally had one out parameter in there and that has been working successfully.

I now wish to add a second output parameter to the returning action.


I added the additional parameter and came across an error on save that I cannot make much sense of.

Screenshot below showing the action and error.


Is there a ONE-ONLY restriction on outputs for using this action?

Have I not followed the process correctly?

Or is this a bug with Power Automate?


Error Message reads...

"{"error":{"code":"InvalidOpenApiFlow","message":"Flow save failed with code 'ActionSchemaInvalid' and message 'The schema definition for action with status code '200' is not valid. The schema definitions for actions with same status code must match.'."}}"




Thanks for your help


Hi @mattybear,


I performed a test on my side with this action, but unfortunately I was not able to replicate the issue. My Flow is the following:



My suggestion with this would be to remove the action card that you update with the new value, and try to insert a new one from scratch with the two value to see if it updates the schema of the action correctly.


Additionally, I found this other community post with the exact same error you presented with several suggestions for solutions so it is worth a look.



Hope this helps!





Thanks @rimatos 


I tried re-creating that last step but it still failed with the same error.

I guess it's worth noting that the two values I'm putting in there

 - One is the GUID of a CDS Create

 - Second is the AutoNumber result from the record resulting in the new CDS Create

I wonder if this bug is related to using the new CDS connector?


Despite the other posts, I don't have the same issues where Peek Code is corrupt.  It seems pretty normal to me:

    "inputs": {
        "body": {
        "schema": {
            "properties": {
                "newtaskinstanceguid": {
                "newtasknumber": {

Hi @mattybear,
Thank you for your reply!


Another thing that comes to my mind that you could test would be to verify the values that you retrieving from CDS. You can achieve this by creating a simple Flow where once you retrieve the values from the CDS create, you can store them in a Compose action and after executing the Flow you can verify in the run what are the actual types of values that are being returned.

I'm saying this because when you choose to send values you need to select the type of output that you want to deliver:




With this in mind another simple teste you could make would b to instead of sending the dynamic content from the CDS create, you could instead hard code values in the output.



By doing this you can verify if the issue is coming form the CDS dynamics content or from the Power Apps action.



Hope this helps!




Helpful resources

Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,329)