cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carudev
Helper II
Helper II

Error when trying to update a sharepoint list

When I try to update a sharepoint list (which has about 5k items) I have this error in some items. Does anyone know what can it be?

{

"status": 400,
  "message": "The type SP.ListItemEntityCollection does not support HTTP PATCH method.\r\nclientRequestId: 8f0c408d-24cd-4e15-803d-3460780851aa\r\nserviceRequestId: 27d1bf9f-704a-0000-b7cf-3c9b6f1350d4",
  "source""https://****************************/_api/web/lists/GetByTitle('PeopleSoft')/items()",
  "errors": [
    "-1",
    "Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.InvalidClientQueryException"
  ]
}

PS: When I try with a smaller test list, about 50 lines long, the flow works perfectly.

See my function of updating item:::::
carudev_0-1618930006361.png

Thank you all! 😄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @carudev 

In the "Update item rest" action are you using a method "POST" or a "PATCH"? (in the screenshot I see a POST operation).

Could you try using "PATCH"?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kierian
Microsoft
Microsoft

fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @carudev 

In the "Update item rest" action are you using a method "POST" or a "PATCH"? (in the screenshot I see a POST operation).

Could you try using "PATCH"?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Hii!
I am using the POST method, following the automate documentation here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/working-with-lists-and-list-items-with-re...

I tried to use the PATCH method and it doesn't work either.

I realized that this failure occurs only in some random items, (I have a total of 6k items to update in the sharepoint), so I created an error handle so that when the item fails, it sends me an email, informing me which item could not be updated. It is not the best solution, but at least it allows the flow to run fully. 😕

Thank you! 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (2,420)