cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksdaniel

Error when trying to use "Get Attachment (V2)"

I am developing a simple Office Add-In that can trigger a Flow (HTTP Trigger) directly from Outlook. 

The add-in runs in the context of an email (task-pane add-in), and it will send one of the attachment id's to the flow. 

The flow will then use this id to get the attachment content, using the "Get Attachment (V2)" activity,  and create a file in SharePoint with some specific metadata. 

The problem is that for some attachment id's the "Get Attachment (V2)" activity fails with the error: 

Resource not found for the segment 'XRRgW8bXQ='.

This seems to happen only when the attachment id contains a "/" sign. 

id: "AAMkADE2NzYyYTRlLTEzMTYtNGZiZS04ZjllLTFlZjg1YjdkODBmOQBGAAAAAABufIpEf3bJQYI3lOffQa2IBwCJ+duvzVIfTYjdjsNdyOfLAAAAAAEMAACJ+duvzVIfTYjdjsNdyOfLAAC5zjKzAAABEgAQAHngfEMntulLiAlbhcqadzA="

will work as expected, but: 

id: "AAMkADE2NzYyYTRlLTEzMTYtNGZiZS04ZjllLTFlZjg1YjdkODBmOQBGAAAAAABufIpEf3bJQYI3lOffQa2IBwCJ+duvzVIfTYjdjsNdyOfLAAAAAAEMAACJ+duvzVIfTYjdjsNdyOfLAAC5zjKzAAABEgAQADBczT0LaehHh/XRRgW8bXQ="

will fail with the error above. 

Did somebody see this before? Am I missing something? Is there a good workaround?

4 REPLIES 4
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @ksdaniel 

Could you please provide a screenshot of your flow and the error in detail?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

We can reduce this to a very simple flow with manual trigger and the "Get Attachment (V2)" activity. 

image.png

The error we receive is: 

{
  "error": {
    "code": "BadRequest",
    "message": "Resource not found for the segment 'XRRgW8bXQ='.",
    "innerError": {
      "date": "2021-02-17T12:28:26",
      "request-id": "0649fac1-847c-43a3-a5b2-22637974d846",
      "client-request-id": "0649fac1-847c-43a3-a5b2-22637974d846"
    }
  }
}

The email id and attachment id can be retrieved via Outlook or Graph API or the "Get email" activity in the flow.

Consistently it fails when they have a "/" sign in the id and it works when its not there. 

I am not sure what the "/" means, could be a random occurrence of a character or have some technical significance. 

Hi @ksdaniel 

Thanks for your reply.

What's your filename and content type?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
ksdaniel

After some research, I found this: office js - Outlook OfficeJS itemID with slashs return error from MS graph - Stack Overflow

The answer being: 

The same ID in order to be processed by the Office 365 Unified API would need to be slightly altered by replacing all / (slash) characters with a - (dash). 

I would also like to point out that the API "convertToRestId" in the Outlook Add-In API seems to make the incorrect translation, also the documentation here is not correct: user: translateExchangeIds - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,319)