cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Error when using modern approval action

I have a problem when using the approval action. When we try to send an approval to a non-office 365 user, e.g. webmails, yahoo or google, we encounter an error 404 saying there's been a disconnect. The outside/external users email addresses are already tied to a Microsoft account. Sharing the screenshot; 

DC3C7DD6.PNG

But the approval is working fine with outlook accounts. 

Any ideas to solve this? thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Error when using modern approval action

Hi @julieann,

I do not have this issue. I always use non-O365 account in the To field in Approval action and it works just fine. Would you please check the detailed configuration of this action and post it here? Also, try to recreate the flow to test.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Hi,

Actually, this disconnect error is happening when the non-O365 user clicks on the approve or reject button on the approval email. Sorry, failed to mention it on my post. We also tried to recreate the flow but the error still persists. And by detailed configuration, you mean how I build the flow? sorry, I am new with MS Flows.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @julieann,

How many accounts are having this issue? Are the errors occur on the same pc? Would you please try to change the default browser and then test again? 

Also, about the detailed configuration, I mean a screenshot like this:
Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

We tested the flow with an office365 account and a gmail. With the o365 account, the flow is working fine. we encounter the disconnect with the gmail account and another o365account opened in a webmail. We were using google chrome and internet explorer.

Here's the screenshot. 

flow.PNG

Thanks for the help!

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Still having this error at this time. Anyone have any ideas what to do to fix this? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Can anyone pls help? 

I tried to check the approvals center (flow site) using a non-O365 account (the approver), to check if I can send the response there and not have the 404 disconnect error, but it said, I need to have a premium account to access the approvals where I can see my received requests. 

Capture.PNG

Do I need to have a premium account for non-O365 account to send response (accept/reject)? Or this is just for accessing the approvals?

Highlighted

I am having this same issue. I am trying to create a voting approval work flow for volunteer board members at a non-profit and cannot figure it out. Is this a licensing issue?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,836)