cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jojo222813
Helper I
Helper I

Error when using select in Manaul trigger

Hi All, I have a question about using select in Manual Trigger Flow. I am not sure which part cause the error. Please help me!!

I have created a Manual trigger flow. The flow is working when I remove the 'Select' part. If I add 'Select', it always show "The input body for trigger 'manual' of type 'Request' did not match its schema definition. Error details: 'Invalid type. Expected String but got Null.,Invalid type. Expected String but got Null.'." when I click "Run Flow".

Jojo222813_0-1649045223138.png

Any one have ideas about this case?

10 REPLIES 10
Rhiassuring
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Can we please see what your Get Items and Select actions look like? 

Thanks! 🙂 

R

Hi @Rhiassuring ,

Here is the Get Items Action:

Jojo222813_0-1649047913496.png

Here is the Select action:

Jojo222813_1-1649047946826.png

Rhiassuring
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Thanks! Do you have a field called "Title" on your manual input form? Is it your intent to pull "Title" from the manual input form into the Select, or, are you looking to get the Title from the SharePoint items you have retrieved?

I am looking to select the 'Title' value from my share point list. 

Jojo222813_0-1649050949911.png

v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jojo222813 ,

Based on your Screenshots, i created a flow similar to yours, but it worked fine on my side.

vyujincuimsft_1-1649230112876.png

vyujincuimsft_0-1649230051918.png

vyujincuimsft_2-1649230205081.png

Maybe you could try create a new flow, sometimes it will solve the issue.

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

Hi @v-yujincui-msft 

I have tried to create a new flow and it works now. 

Thanks.

adeHyp

The input body for trigger 'manual' of type 'Request' did not match its schema definition. Error details: 'Invalid type. Expected String but got Null., Invalid type. Expected String but got Null.'.
adeHyp_0-1649361837446.png

There's an issue with the manual triggers, it's not worked all day

sagirkazi
Frequent Visitor

The "Accepted Solution" doesn't help solve the issue mentioned, Neither the suggestion to create a new flow everytime we run into this issue. Please unmark this post as Resolved since this is the first post users land to when searching for this error. Thanks.

sagirkazi
Frequent Visitor

After banging my head around for 2 days, below is the workaround that I found that worked for me.

1. Do NOT test your workflow from the "Test" button inside the editor. The testing works but later when you actually run the flow, it gave me the error. Every time, Save you flow and go and actually trigger the event that supposed to trigger the flow. 
    sagirkazi_0-1649858258523.png

2. Toggle the "Split On" button (turn off and ON again) on the Trigger action (first action in the flow) and click "Done" and save the flow. Execute the flow from actual trigger and not the TEST button on top-right corner.
    sagirkazi_1-1649858680594.png

Hope this helps!

@sagirkazi , Thanks for the workaround. Let me try it. It is very strange to me that using "Test" will lead to this error. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,857)