cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninjaryder1st
Helper IV
Helper IV

Error with Connector for Excel to "add a row" stating, "could not retrieve request, they dynamic invocation request failed with error"

Has anyone encountered this yet?   

I'm trying to use Power Automate to retrieve an Excel document (with table), and "add a row" when any time a separate Sharepoint list item meets specific criteria.    This Excel document is a "General File" on a Teams page that is stored in Sharepoint in the background.   

ninjaryder1st_0-1634935369715.png

How can I work through this error?

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

What does the Excel file look like?  Based on the error message it seems the problem is that it thinks there are SharePoint list entries embedded in the workbook.  Does the workbook just record values from the SharePoint list item?  Or does it have a copy of the list item itself?  I think you'll need to change the format of the Spreadsheet so it only contains values and not a link to the list itself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks @Pstork1,

I may need some help identifying how to change the format of the spreadsheet and separating it from the SP list.  It seems SP (via Teams channel) has created a SP List, even though originally I had saved the Excel document as a Teams File, and not created a SP List.   I'm a bit perplexed in how this happened, but also afraid to delete the SP List if this is backing up an Excel File.     

The source for SP List entries is because someone is copy/pasting Rows from a SP list into the Excel document, as new add-on rows.. which I'm trying to automate.    I could have a new list and new list item created from the main SP List, however, the Excel document is preferred as it has other sheets w/ calculations/formulas updated from the main sheet.    Does this help solve my problem for updating the Excel file w/ SP List info?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,730)