I'm wondering if there are certain Create Record actions for Dynamics 365 that have issues? This is the second one I have run into. I am trying to create an activity for the user who gets assigned a support case in Dynamics 365 CRM. I fill in the data that I think is needed except for the Regarding Type which I think is causing the issue. If I do nothing to that field the flow fails. If I try to select a value for the Regarding Type, the action closes and I can't open it until I close the flow and reopen it. The action has an exclamation that states " Error loading component ". I think that is one of the fields that is causing the flow to error but I can't be certain of it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. btw... I am also seeing the same issue when attempting to create a document location record when a support case is created.... same field same error.
Much thanks in advance!
@wischbone - I would recommend that you start using the "Common Data Service" or "Common Data Service (current environment)" connectors. The Dynamics 365 connector is deprecated.
Also, if you need to create an Activity, it's best to use choose the specific Activity Type entity such as Task, Phone Call, etc. to create the activity record.
@PowerBack19 ... wow I didn't know that. Thank you for the info!!! I will try that and thank you for the reminder about the activity type 🙂 I will update you soon.
The error is related to owner type. Generally for the activity owner lookup can be set to a team or a user. Set the correct Owner Type and try.
thank you @abm !!!
I have changed my action to use CDS but I still have the same issue. When I try to select the drop downs for Owner Type or Regarding Type, the action step closes with that that same error. So if the issue is that I need values in these fields but yet I can't select either of them then I am stuck. Am I missing something?
Thanks for your quick reply. For CDS regarding fields set the syntax like below. So in your case /incidents(set the mapping value here)
Thank you for the quick reply! I made the change you requested but the flow still fails.
I also still cannot select either drop down for Owner and Regarding Type. My gut tells me that this is the root cause. What would cause this? If they are there, why can't I select them? Can you show me what they look like for you when you select them?
Remove the owner type field and create the activity. See that works or not. Then check in CRM whether it is set any default owner as created by user or not?
Sorry for the delay response. It still doesnt work. I've tried this numerous times and even created some very basic flows and the issue is still there. It seems like most of the type lookups that are in the create record actions I select fail when I click them and I feel that this is the underlying issue. I just dont get it. Even if I dont click them I still get the same error. This can't be that hard. I'm really frustrated with this. Am I missing something? Could there be something wrong with my environment? Whether I use CDS or Dynamics 365 I get the same result. I feel really stupid here... all that I am trying to accomplish is to either create a document location record when a new support case is created so that it points to a specific folder or I want to create a new task or activity for someone when they are assigned a support case. This can't be that hard. I created a support case with MS about this issue but have yet to hear back from them.
Hello @wischbone ,
Recently, I have faced the same problem with the "Owner" field and I have found a workaround but different than your requirements. Mine was about to assign the owner based on a specific user.
Please have a look at the example below:
internalemailaddress eq 'email@example.com'
Update record action:
In my example, I've used the "Users" entity inside a list record action and I have filtered the user that needs to be assigned. After that, in my update record action inside the Owner field, I have selected from the dynamic content property "Users" from the list records of the users' entity and as an Owner type "system users". As a result, it works as expected.
I hope it helps!
For the owner field, I typically have to have a "Get Record" action first for the "Users" entity. The specific ID is the "Owner" field you have been trying to use in the "Create Record" step. Once you have the specific user, then do the "Create Record" action and for the owner use this:
The "user" after the slash is from the "Get Record" Users step. Other times I have had to use this for the field:
Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.
Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.