cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianallen13V2
Frequent Visitor

Error with Flow - can someone review? Only sends when there is an attachment present apparently...

Hello, 

I have a workflow built and it works fine when there is an attachment included, but when there is not, it still says that it 'succeeded' but there is no email sent.  Not sure what I am missing.  I've done workflows like this before without this being an issue, so it has to be something small that I am missing.  Any help is appreciated: 

Part 1Part 1part 2part 2part 3part 3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Testing for Boolean values is case sensitive.  The best way to do it is to put the True enumeration in the right side using the expression tab.  Like this

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I assume your Apply to each is based on the body of Get attachments.  Since the email is sent inside that apply to each, if there are no attachments the Apply to each doesn't run and there is no email.  You need to add a condition just after the Get attachments and see if there are any attachments.  If there are then do what you do now.  If there aren't then send the email.

Hello, 

I just tried that and I'm still running into issues.  I added a condition where if 'Has Attachments' is equal to, and I tried 'FALSE, TRUE or just left it blank' and it keeps saying that it bypassed the second email and that everything ran successfully.  

Here is a picture of the condition.  Do I have the right field selected and/or what value should I choose?  

attachment.jpg

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Testing for Boolean values is case sensitive.  The best way to do it is to put the True enumeration in the right side using the expression tab.  Like this

image.png

View solution in original post

ianallen13V2
Frequent Visitor

That was it - thank you so much!! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,983)