cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error with Translation module in Flow

I'm trying to do a simple test where I get any new document in one of my box folders and translate it using the MS translate module and then create a new document with the translated text. 

However, even using a file with a very short sentence in it I get the error message for the translate module that says "RequestUriTooLong." Not sure why that is happening. Any suggestions?

I'm using the file content as the Text input in the translate module: https://screencast.com/t/j5lHzsIG

Thanks!

Carla

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Carla,

I created a similar flow the same with you looks like below:

1.png

Then I run the flow by uploading Text Document, Word, Excel. I found that only Text document can be translated with no error. Word and Excel files are all getting the error “The request URL is too long”.

So I guess that the files you uploaded to Box were not Text documents, maybe they were Word/Excel files. Am I right?

Thanks for your feedback. I am trying to collect and report this issue from my side. I will back to you once I got any response.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Carla,

I have some updates for you.

At this time, only .txt is supported in the action “Translate text”. So you would get the error “The request URL is too long” when you are trying to translate .doc and .xlsx files.

It seems that we have no plans for it to support .doc and .xlsx. May I suggest you submit a feature request on “Flow Ideas Forum”, so it might be considered as a future release. Other customer who have the same request with you will vote your idea at here. I have already collected and reported this from my side.

The link of Flow ideas Forum is:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,473)