cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zszalbot

Error with a flow / Sharepoint to Calendar

Hello,

I am building a flow which is supposed to add a new element from the Sharepoint list to my calendar in Office 365. In other words, as soon as someone adds a new entry to the Sharepoint list, I would like it to be added to my calendar.

I am receiving the following error message in Polish and I cannot make any sense of it:

Nie można przetworzyć wyrażeń języka szablonu dla akcji „Condition” w wierszu „0” i kolumnie „0”: „Funkcja języka szablonu „contains” oczekuje, że jej pierwszy argument „collection” będzie słownikiem (obiektem), tablicą lub ciągiem, a podana jest wartość typu „Null”.”.

The rough English translation:
Unable to parse template language expressions for action 'Condition' in line '0' and column '0': 'The template language function' contains' expects its first argument 'collection' to be a dictionary (object), array, or string, and the given is a value of type "Null". "

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @zszalbot,

In that case I think you probably don't need the condition. Normally a condition is used to check if something is true (and only in that situation create a new event).

If you want all events to create something in your calendar and e-mail a setup like below could be sufficient.

createevent_flow.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @zszalbot,

The error suggests that you are trying find some value with a contains in a field which is empty. A workaround could be to check if it is empty before you use the contains.

Can you share a screenshot of your setup. This way we can adapt an example to your setup.

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?

Thank you!

I am pasting my basic flow. Many thanks in advance for any ideas you might have!SHp-Calendar-flow.png

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @zszalbot,

Your screenshot looks a bit strange. Did you blur/hide the criteria from the condition action?

I was expecting a criteria in that screenshot 😅 Normally a condition action should have at least one criteria like below.

emptycondition.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

I am so sorry! Przechwytywanie zawartości sieci Web_3-3-2022_181843_emea.flow.microsoft.com.jpeg

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @zszalbot,

Can you explain what you are trying to check in your condition? When do you want the calendar event to be created? (in the If Yes section)

Happy to help out! 🙂

Sorry, if it is not clear. As soon as an event (a new record) is registered in the Microsoft List, I would like it to be added to my calendar. I am not sure how to create this condition. I have never done it before. Thank you for your patience with me! 🙂

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @zszalbot,

In that case I think you probably don't need the condition. Normally a condition is used to check if something is true (and only in that situation create a new event).

If you want all events to create something in your calendar and e-mail a setup like below could be sufficient.

createevent_flow.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Thanks a million for your help! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,866)