cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwytse
Regular Visitor

Errors in copy list item from one list to another

Hi all, 

Followed the below solution, I have created a MS Flow to copy of a SharePoint list to another including attachments.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Copy-attachments-from-one-SharePoint-list...

However, I have two issues in the outcome:

1). For multiple lines of text fields, the new list has shown all the html tag which is not desirable. 

image.png

2). There is an error of 'Invalid text value'. However, I checked and there is no field with more than 255 characters and I have copied the same data into another item and there is no issue. I wonder whether it is due to restricted access. (The item with error is created by another user. However, I am the only Owner for this sharepoint site. I am able to copy item created by me to the new list)

msflowerrorscreen1.jpg

Below is the steps of my flow, please kindly let me know if you need screen shot of specific item

msflowerrorscreen3.jpg

msflowerrorscreen2.jpg

Deeply appreciated for your help in advance. 

Kelvin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DeepakS
Super User
Super User

Hi @kwytse 

Your first issue is because both list multi-line text column does not have same settings. Your first list has column with enhanced rich text but other not. make sure second list also had the same setting.

MUL.png

To fix your second issue , you may need to run the test by removing column value one by one until it successful to know what column is actually having this issue.( i think its multi-line and after fixing first issue it will resolve, but i may be wrong)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DeepakS
Super User
Super User

Hi @kwytse 

Your first issue is because both list multi-line text column does not have same settings. Your first list has column with enhanced rich text but other not. make sure second list also had the same setting.

MUL.png

To fix your second issue , you may need to run the test by removing column value one by one until it successful to know what column is actually having this issue.( i think its multi-line and after fixing first issue it will resolve, but i may be wrong)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

View solution in original post

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kwytse,

I think @DeepakS is correct, you should check the two multiple lines of text columns in different SharePoint list whether has the same setting. It is obviously, the copied column is not rich-text, you should set it to rich-text as DeepakS shows.

If it does not solve the problem, please share the output of the Get items.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

kwytse
Regular Visitor

Dear DeepakS, 

Many thanks for your suggestion and yes it is indeed where my error is coming from. I have rectified it and now the issue is resolved!

Thanks a million again,

Kelvin

Thanks Lin Tu, as you anticipate, DeepakS has resolved my problem. Thanks for your time on my case!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (22,986)