cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zango
Level: Powered On

Every time I add columns to SharePoint list Flow action needs to be deleted and created again

Hi,

I have a list with quite a lot of columns because of what we need to keep track of with change records. We are still in testing so more columns are added/removed if nevessary.

However this seems to kill flows that are set up with the list...

I get this error message:

value must be requested.pngError messagekeep having to remake big flow1.pngLong list of columns

From my previous post I found out that if i deleted this update item function then recreate it it works again... no data is different?

With a list this size and a few flows on this list it is taking 30 mins to make all my flows work again...

Is there a better way of updating my items? As you see i am only changing one field! why do i need to put all the other information in that will stay the same Cat Indifferent 

Is this the only solution recreating the update item part of flow?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Every time I add columns to SharePoint list Flow action needs to be deleted and created again

Hi @ Zango,

Do you want the "Update item" action in a flow would be updated automaticlly when you add columns to SharePoint list Flow action?

The only way is to delete the action and create the action again as you said.

Updating the "Update item" action in a flow automaticlly when a column is added to SharePoint list is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

If your want the "Update item" action in a flow would be updated automaticlly when you add columns to SharePoint list Flow action,I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

neds

Re: Every time I add columns to SharePoint list Flow action needs to be deleted and created again

This is REALLY a problem.  List fields do change.  Any change in the fields in a list requires the complete recreation of every Flow that uses that Sharepoint List.  That's crazy, especially if the fields being removed or added have no bearing on the Flow Actions.  Is this being worked on?

neds

Is it possible that this is a bug in the Update List Item action?  The Conditions don't seem to have a problem and don't need to be deleted and recreated in the Flow on a column change. Only the Update List Item actions.

Highlighted
sperley

I'm seeing the exact same issue.  I'm really looking to refresh the connection to the list so that Flow is aware of the new columns I've just added. 

It's very frustrating to have to delete and recreate the Flow step and all subsequent steps because I've added a new column to the list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 247 members 4,804 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: