cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
rjhale
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Excel (Business) Connector No Longer Has Custom URL Option

Hello,

 

I went to use the action "List Rows Present in Table" using the Excel (Business) connector, and I was surprised to find that I can no longer reach all of my SharePoint sites.  I can get to most of my groups that I'm a member of, but the location dropdown no longer has a way of specifying the root of any other SharePoint space.  I also noticed that I'm not allowed to copy and paste a similar action that's working in a different Flow.  The copy/paste action is grayed out with a message that states "The action doesn't match the current flow schema."  I verified that this is happening in multiple sessions, different browsers, and user accounts.

 

Is anyone aware of a change to this connector?  Any help would be much appreciated getting this worked out. 

 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok.  I think I figured this out, and I'm posting my solution here in case anyone else runs into this.  I had the "Experimental Features" option enabled in the general Power Automate settings.  Once I turned this off, the option to enter a custom url has returned.  It looks like Microsoft is testing how the location options are initially populated, but clearly they have some refining to do.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rjhale
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

This is really odd.  It's almost like they changed things, so that every site that the account has access to is listed without the option of entering your own url.  I guess that would be fine, except for the fact that most of the sites are listed.  For example, the account that I'm using with the Excel (Business) connector, is a site owner on several SharePoint sites.  None of those sites are listed in the location drop-down.  I also don't think it is taking into account membership that is set through on-prem groups that are synced into Azure AD.

 

What a mess. 

Ok.  I think I figured this out, and I'm posting my solution here in case anyone else runs into this.  I had the "Experimental Features" option enabled in the general Power Automate settings.  Once I turned this off, the option to enter a custom url has returned.  It looks like Microsoft is testing how the location options are initially populated, but clearly they have some refining to do.  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (100,364)