Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Excel (Business) Connector No Longer Has Custom URL Option

Hello,

I went to use the action "List Rows Present in Table" using the Excel (Business) connector, and I was surprised to find that I can no longer reach all of my SharePoint sites.  I can get to most of my groups that I'm a member of, but the location dropdown no longer has a way of specifying the root of any other SharePoint space.  I also noticed that I'm not allowed to copy and paste a similar action that's working in a different Flow.  The copy/paste action is grayed out with a message that states "The action doesn't match the current flow schema."  I verified that this is happening in multiple sessions, different browsers, and user accounts.

Is anyone aware of a change to this connector?  Any help would be much appreciated getting this worked out. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Ok.  I think I figured this out, and I'm posting my solution here in case anyone else runs into this.  I had the "Experimental Features" option enabled in the general Power Automate settings.  Once I turned this off, the option to enter a custom url has returned.  It looks like Microsoft is testing how the location options are initially populated, but clearly they have some refining to do.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

This is really odd.  It's almost like they changed things, so that every site that the account has access to is listed without the option of entering your own url.  I guess that would be fine, except for the fact that most of the sites are listed.  For example, the account that I'm using with the Excel (Business) connector, is a site owner on several SharePoint sites.  None of those sites are listed in the location drop-down.  I also don't think it is taking into account membership that is set through on-prem groups that are synced into Azure AD.

What a mess. 

Highlighted

Ok.  I think I figured this out, and I'm posting my solution here in case anyone else runs into this.  I had the "Experimental Features" option enabled in the general Power Automate settings.  Once I turned this off, the option to enter a custom url has returned.  It looks like Microsoft is testing how the location options are initially populated, but clearly they have some refining to do.  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,438)