Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Excel (Business) problems

Hi all

I have defined a very simple Flow#1 that is executed manually from Sharepoint when I select an Excel file in a Library. I am using Excel (Business) operations to list the rows from a table.

When executing it an error message in displayed

Excel (Business) connector Problems.png

Action 'List rows present in a table' failed

Fix It

If this error was temporary, you can try resubmitting the run and the issue may have been resolved.

Error type

This action failed because of an error in the connector.

Error Details

The error message from the service is below. This maybe useful for support:

BadGateway

This Excel (Business) action block is working fine in another flow (Flow#2) with the same connector. Also in Flow#1, both Excel (Business) and Sharepoint connectors, I am using the same corporate user. Can both connectors be used in the same flow? Is there any incompatibility between them?

Suggestions, welcome

Thank you in advance!

If anyone is trying to help you with an issue, the fastest way to say thanks is by kudoing. Be grateful, Thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Excel (Business) problems

Hi @ ,

Microsoft flow support to select a file from the picker in the "Excel (Business)" connector currently.

Choosing a dynamic content in the "File" field to select a file is not supported in Microsoft flow "Excel (Business)" connector currently.

Although the inputs on both action "List rows present in a table" blocks are apparently the same,the inputs on select a file from the picker is a friendly format of the file identifier,you couldn't choose a dynamic content in the "File" field to select a file.

If you want to choose a dynamic content in the "File" field to select a file,I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi again

I think I have identified the problem

I have updated my flow by adding a new "Excel (Business) List rows present in table" action block.

I call this second action block "List rows present in table 2" and add it just before the first one. When executing it, the following result is displayed:

Excel (Business) connector Problems 3.png

Both action blocks use the same connector, both of them target the same excel file, so the problem is not there. What's the difference between them?

Excel (Business) connector Problems 2.png 

In the one that works fine I select "File" input from the picker, so I navigate through the directories and choose the target file. I select "Table" input from the dropdown menu.

In the one that fails, I fill "File" input with Dynamic content. Also I fill "Table" input with a custom value.

Please also note the inputs on both action blocks are apparently the same:

Excel (Business) connector Problems 4.png

Excel (Business) connector Problems 5.png

The problem is, I want to "List rows present in a table" from the Excel file selected by the user on the SP Library, so I cannot implement the first "List rows present in a table" (the one that works); I need to the second "List rows present in a table" (the one currently failing).

Is this a bug? Cn you think of a possible workaround?

Suggestions, welcome

Thank you in advance!

If anyone is trying to help you with an issue, the fastest way to say thanks is by kudoing. Be grateful, Thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ ,

Microsoft flow support to select a file from the picker in the "Excel (Business)" connector currently.

Choosing a dynamic content in the "File" field to select a file is not supported in Microsoft flow "Excel (Business)" connector currently.

Although the inputs on both action "List rows present in a table" blocks are apparently the same,the inputs on select a file from the picker is a friendly format of the file identifier,you couldn't choose a dynamic content in the "File" field to select a file.

If you want to choose a dynamic content in the "File" field to select a file,I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Thanks for your fast response, Alice

I've already posted a new idea. If someone reading it needs this new functionality, you can vote it here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Dynamic-content-in-File-amp-Table-inputs-Excel-Busine...

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

What if you are using the file picker and still get the BadGateway?:

Thanks @v-yuazh-msft @efialttes

KarimH
Level: Power Up

Just use a variable!

This is not true. The Action "List rows present in a table" works fine with dynamic File Path. The problems you describe occurs only if you put your path together in the action itself. If you use a Variable that you define before the action it works fine.

FlowExcel1.pngFlowExcel2.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Just use a variable!

Thanx for sharing, @KarimH ! I will doublecheck it next week and if so, mark your workaround as 'Accepted solution' 

Proud to be a Flownaut!

samlasota

@KarimH How did you initialize the variable FilePath? I see you used a split expression to generate the correct string but I am having trouble implementing this on my Logic app. Could you provide the method for obtaining the correct expression?

Many thanks,

-Sam

KarimH

Hi Samlasota,

here is the expression for the split action:

split(split(variables('Thumb'),'items%2f')[1],'%3fversion%3d')[0]

I initialized the variable Thumb in a previous action with the file property "Thumbnail large"

thumb.png

I hope this helps

Karim Hamed

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,286)