cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DebV
Level: Powered On

Excel Dynamic Content fields not listed

I have a set of flows using that pull responses from Microsoft Forms from the spreadsheets into a single spreadsheet. Each of the flows is the same, just from a different Excel file (each Excel file is generated by a separate Form). However, when I build the flows, the field for Start Time which is the first column in the Excel file, is not available in the list of Dynamic Content. As a result, the field doesn't import and I can't create calculations on how long it takes to complete the forms. I've put a picture below showing the options I get for Dynamic Content on that field. How do I get it to include that field?

Any help would be appreciated!

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Excel Dynamic Content fields not listed

Hi @DebV,

I have made a test on my side and I afraid that there is no any way to achieve your needs to get the Start Time in microsoft flow currently.

The function to record the start time to fill the form or calculate how long it takes to complete the forms is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like the function to  record the start time to fill the form or calculate how long it takes to complete the forms to be supported in microsoft flow, you could consider submitting an idea to flow idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

As an alternative way, you could create a start time question in the form, and ask every user to record the start time in the start time question, and then you could save it in the excel column.

Best regards.

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DebV
Level: Powered On

Re: Excel Dynamic Content fields not listed

Hi Alice,

I think you misunderstood my question. I don't need to create a Start Time for the form, it is already there. The form creates the Start Time as well as the Completion Time when it is submitted. When the form is submitted, it creates a worksheet in Excel.  The Start Time is a column in the Excel worksheet created by the Form. What I need is to be able to include that field, which does not show up on the list of Dynamic Content like the rest of the fields in the worksheet. All of the other columns in the worksheet show up in the list of Dynamic Content, except Start Time.

Thanks for trying!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,029)