Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Excel Get Row Id not found

I'm having an issue with the Get Row action inside my flow. Here's the setup:

ss1.jpg

Please note that I have tried both using Compose and putting the dynamic content directly into the Get Rows 'Key Value' field. Both produce the same error:

ss2.jpg

What could I be doing wrong?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

It looks like you have the Table name set as your Value Key. Since you are trying to find a specific row within the table, you need to have a unique ID of some sort that the flow can reference for the update. It needs to know which row to update.

Highlighted

It's the value that's in the table - you can see it's pulling it dynamically.

Annotation 2020-01-03 105625.png

Just to be sure there wasn't confusion in the flow between the table name and the value in the table, I changed the value to read "FACILITY_NAME," and the same error appeared:

Annotation 2020-01-03 105934.png

I'm not typing these values in, Power Automate is finding them via the dynamic content, and then throwing an error when trying to use them. 🤷‍♂️

Highlighted

I think I've figured out the bug - if I hide the header row of the table in Excel:

Annotation 2020-01-03 224628.jpg

Then I get the error that the Row Id is not found. If I add the Header Row back in and run the flow again, it works. Remove it, it doesn't work. Anyone else able to confirm this behavior?

Highlighted

While that bug may exist, I still cannot get the "update row" action to work. I have made sure the key column has only unique values, that the table has a header, and I'm getting the key value dynamically with a "Get Rows" action. I'm just stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

Annotation 2020-01-04 155409.jpg

Annotation 2020-01-04 155315.jpg

Highlighted

Hi @CapstoneAdmin,

So what you want to do is rename the column name (header row) of the Excel table, right?

I am afraid there is no way could rename it, there is only support add a key column into it, but not support rename it and delete it:

Annotation 2020-01-06 150405.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, sorry. I'm not trying to rename the header column. I am simply trying to update a row in a table. I had hidden the table header in the Excel file so that it looked more streamlined, but that seemed to cause issues. I still can't seem to get the "Get a Row" or "Update a Row" action to work correctly. It always returns the 404 error row ID not found, even though I am pulling the ids dynamically from the "List rows in a table" action and they are unique.

I've since abandoned this method and went with a dynamically repeating word template with Flow instead. It works seamlessly.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/intermediate-flow-of-the-week-create-pdf-invoices-using-word-t...

Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous,

Yeah, I have tested on my side to hide these headers, then I can't find the table in list rows in a table action after that.

You can still get rows of the table may be caused by you create the Flow to list rows before hiding headers, it seems that if you hide these headers it just like delete the column name, and if when we update the row we must get key-value (header) when using Flow, so it could get row or update a row.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,840)