cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bigczee
Level: Powered On

Excel - Get Rows has been removed? What's the alternative?

I have a Flow that I've been using for a couple of months but it recently had an issue with the trigger so I was going to rebuild it.

The original flow uses 'get rows' from excel after a file is created in a sharepoint library.  When I go to recreate the flow, 'get rows' is now not listed as an option.  The only options I see are excel for business and excel for one drive.  i believe before I just used excel.

When I select excel for business the only options for rows that I see are:

Get a row

List rows present in a table

Update  a row

Add a row to a table

Is 'Get a row' the same as 'get rows'?  For get row i have to add a key column and key value, rather than just getting the hwole table.  Does 'list rows present in a table' have similar functionality to 'get rows'?

why is 'get rows' gone?  major bummer.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Excel - Get Rows has been removed? What's the alternative?

Hi @bigczee ,

Yes, Excel connector has been filtered out and we are no longer possible to use some of the actions it contained before, like Get Rows, Insert row.

Please use Excel Online connector instead, List rows present in a table action with the same feature as Get Rows action.

Also for Excel online connector, if Excel file is stored in OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Library, please use Excel Online (Business). If Excel file is stored in OneDrive for Personal, please use Excel Online (OneDrive).

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bigczee
Level: Powered On

thanks for the response!  i can't get 'list rows present in a table' to be dynamic - is this possible?

When an excel file is saved in onedrive, i'm having Flow grab a table in the workbook (always table1).  however, the name of the file is a time stamp so the filename is always different.  can list rows handle this?

the get rows functionality seemed to be a lot more straightforward and work better - it's a bummer that it has disappeared.  

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @bigczee ,

I did a test on my side, we could click Enter custom value to configure Table field, but the same method is unable to configure File field.

If we manually enter a file path or use Dynamic content to configure File field, it cannot get the specified file.

Currently we can only select the specified Excel File through File Browse.

If you want similar feature to be supported by MS Flow, please consider voting for a similar idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Dynamic-content-in-File-amp-Table-inputs-Excel-Busine...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 198 members 4,614 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: