Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jendy
Helper II
Helper II

Excel - How to get column names?

Hello,

I need to get column names from Excel and compare it. Is it some way, how to do that?

And after compare I will need change their names or something. Is it some way, how to do it?

Thank you for ideas,

Jan

3 REPLIES 3
Jvang
Helper V
Helper V

@Jendy,

Can you explain more in detail what you're trying to compare it to? Like to a sharepoint list? SQL table? ect.

You can just copy and past from excel straight to the source you need it to be in, or if there's an option, you can upload your excel file on to it.

Thanks,

Jvang

Jendy
Helper II
Helper II

@Jvang My goal is create table header with names (employees). I have table in SQL and I want to compare excel and SQL.

In case that employee exist in Excel but no in SQL, I want to edit value with name in Excel - Missing_Name or something like that.

Jvang
Helper V
Helper V

@Jendy,

The only think that comes to mind is creating a 2nd table in SQL with names as a header (Identical to your Excel sheet of employees)  and then have a PK(primary Key)  that wont have null values and create a trigger that would update the main table base on the PK when insert/update/delete data from the other table.

Thanks,

Jvang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,651)