cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Excel Online (Business) - List Rows Present in a Table - No Table with Name found

I am using Microsoft Flow to take an Excel email attachment and save it to a SharePoint library.  I am also using "Create Table" to create a table in the workbook.  Once the table is created, I want to delete the rows that are blank.

I have no problem making the table.  When I open the created file with the table, it is there and it is named correctly as "PL".  But the next step in the flow after creating the table is to "list rows present in the table".  But the error is "No table is found with the name 'PL'."  I know the table is there.  Why am I getting this error and how do I resolve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@Stalerik ,

Sorry I should have been clearer with my response. That was exactly what I was suggesting you do. It is always best to use the dynamic expressions anytime that you need to reference anything you've just created within a flow. So would agree that using 'title' would be the best practise if you wanted to always reference the table you just created. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Stalerik 

You could try using the Table Title Dynamic Content from the create table action. Select 'Enter Custom Value' under the Table Dropdown of the "list rows.." action. Then select 'title' from the Dynamic Content. if this doesn't work can you post a bit more information and some screenshots of your flow.

image.png

Highlighted

Thank you for your quick reply.

That didn't work.  Instead of a table name, it used a GUID value and it didn't find that either.  I've tried 'title', 'name', and just typing "PL" into the Table field.  I am attaching a screen capture of the actions that create the table and then list the rows present in that table.  Ultimately I am trying to list the rows and then use "Filter Array" and Delete Rows that are blank.

flow actions - create table and list rows.png

Highlighted

Hi @Stalerik,

Try using the same Dynamic content for the 'File' Id in both. You have The Dynamic Id from Sharepoint in 'create table' and a Static Id in the 'List rows'. You want to ensure that your flow is looking at the same file. I did a test on my side using 2 static file IDs and it worked fine. I assume thought that static would not work in your situation. 

image.png

Highlighted

@michaelpaul 

I have changed it exactly as you show in the picture, using a static file name for create table.  It passes that action, but fails again on the "List rows present in a table" action, with "No table found with the name '{B6348941-68...".  And when I open up the 19061.xlsx file, the PL table exists.

But then I remembered something -- the flow is creating a new file every time (from an email attachment).  The static file name was selected by browsing for the file but if it's deleted and recreated, it probably has a different value for Sharepoint.  So I found an old flow where this worked and I need to make the filename based on dynamic content from when the file was created.  I have changed my flow to this and it is getting through the actions now.  I left the table name as a static field "PL" but I might try it again with the 'title'.  I appreciate you helping with this problem!

flow actions - create table and list rows 2.png

Highlighted

@Stalerik ,

Sorry I should have been clearer with my response. That was exactly what I was suggesting you do. It is always best to use the dynamic expressions anytime that you need to reference anything you've just created within a flow. So would agree that using 'title' would be the best practise if you wanted to always reference the table you just created. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @Stalerik,

Unfortunately, List rows present in a table action only support select Excel table from the drop-down, not support enter a custom value into it currently. It is a limitation for the Excel connector.

There are some ideas have created in IDEA forum, you can head to vote them:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/be-able-to-dynamically-choose-table-name-in...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

@v-litu-msft Is an alternative to get rows from an excel file?  I see that older forms mention a Get Rows action but that has been removed apparently.  

It seems as though the current state of the Excel Online (Business) connector is broken.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,481)