cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t3mporal

Excel Online (Business) "List rows present in a table" not accepting SharePoint ID/Identifier in File parameter

I have a flow I swear was working fine until a few days ago. One of the steps is "List rows present in a table". I am supplying the file parameter with the Identifier property from a SharePoint "Get file properties". I am getting an unhelpful error that simply states "Bad Request". None of the other Excel Online (Business) actions seem to work this way; they all accept Identifier.

I tried using the Id property, this also didn't work.

For testing purposes, I manually selected a file using the picker and inspected the input following a test. The format of the parameter is entirely different. I worked out eventually that it could be extracted using a compose with "

first(skip(split(outputs('Get_Tables_List')?['body/@odata.context'],''''),3))". This extracts the mystery identifier from inside the @odata.context property returned from any other Excel Online (Business) action. I couldn't find it any other way. This seems really clunky.

Does anyone else have the "List rows present in a table" working properly using a SharePoint Identifier or ID? Why am I convinced it was working and now it's broken??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
t3mporal

I send a support request to Microsoft and received this:

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences that might have been caused due to this issue.

This morning we received a notice from our Product group team about worldwide customer facing an ongoing issue due to a recent deployment for the Excel Online (Business) connector. The reported behavior was some actions of this connector not resolving SharePoint file IDs as expected.

Our engineers investigated and identified that a recent change intended to improve the file picker feature in Excel Online (Business) connector unexpectedly resulted in the impact, which was specific to users using the action Get Table and List Rows present in a Table.

We have also been told that the offending change was reverted to mitigate the problem on Thursday, July 8, 2021 at 4:53 PM UTC. Some affected users have confirmed that everything is back to normal.

Could you please check again at your end and let me know if the issue has been resolved or not?

Thank you very much for your time and understanding. Looking forward to hearing from you.

I've reverted my hack from yesterday and it's working fine now.

It's a bit annoying that Microsoft can quietly and subtly break Power Automate. The lesson to learn here is don't use it for anything important! Trivial things only.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FredC
Frequent Visitor

I too have the same issue, all my flows were working properly until this morning when actions using the Excel Online (Business) started to fail. The actions giving error are:

• List rows present in a table
    • Error: 
      "message":"Invalid request"
  • Run Script.
    • "message""We were unable to run the script. Please try again. Workbook not found....."
t3mporal

I send a support request to Microsoft and received this:

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences that might have been caused due to this issue.

This morning we received a notice from our Product group team about worldwide customer facing an ongoing issue due to a recent deployment for the Excel Online (Business) connector. The reported behavior was some actions of this connector not resolving SharePoint file IDs as expected.

Our engineers investigated and identified that a recent change intended to improve the file picker feature in Excel Online (Business) connector unexpectedly resulted in the impact, which was specific to users using the action Get Table and List Rows present in a Table.

We have also been told that the offending change was reverted to mitigate the problem on Thursday, July 8, 2021 at 4:53 PM UTC. Some affected users have confirmed that everything is back to normal.

Could you please check again at your end and let me know if the issue has been resolved or not?

Thank you very much for your time and understanding. Looking forward to hearing from you.

I've reverted my hack from yesterday and it's working fine now.

It's a bit annoying that Microsoft can quietly and subtly break Power Automate. The lesson to learn here is don't use it for anything important! Trivial things only.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (5,128)