cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Excel Online Get Row/List Rows Fails???

Given the Excel shown below, I was trying to retrieve the single row (there's only one row on that sheet).  As you can see, the table name is "EmailBodies", the column (field) name is "RowID", and the RowID = 1.

EmailBodiesRowID1.png

As you can see in the next image, my "Get Row" action is set up correctly to try to retrieve that one row from my workbook.

GetHTMLChunksGetARow.png

However, the row is not found with these settings.  I've tried various other ways of representing the ridiculously simple "1" value, but they all failed as well.

I read a couple other postings in the community that other devs have had success using "List Rows" with a filter query instead, so I tried that.  No variation of any valid Filter Query condition succeeds in matching my one heinously simple row of RowID = 1 (example below).

GetHTMLChunksListRows.png

The only way I was able to get this to succeed was not to specify any Filter Query property in my List Rows action.

I am very curious as to exactly what the heck I am missing that's screwing this up.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Excel Online Get Row/List Rows Fails???

Hi @bozopriester 

Logically what you are doing correct and should work. I can see one possible reason for this behavior is data itself. Could you please run it with no filter and share the output specially RowID value, it may help to find the root cause.

——————————————————
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bozopriester ,

You could first use List rows present in a table action to get all the rows and then check the corresponding RowID value.

Copy and paste the RowID from the Body into the Get a row action to see if you can get the record you want.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @bozopriester 

Logically what you are doing correct and should work. I can see one possible reason for this behavior is data itself. Could you please run it with no filter and share the output specially RowID value, it may help to find the root cause.

——————————————————
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bozopriester ,

You could first use List rows present in a table action to get all the rows and then check the corresponding RowID value.

Copy and paste the RowID from the Body into the Get a row action to see if you can get the record you want.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

"You're never too old to make mistakes"

-- Me

There was an extraneous CRLF in the cell after the RowID value.  I deleted it and the process works now with the Excel "Get Row" action (with Filter Query property set).  It's the simple stuff that gets you sometimes.

🙄

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

I am also struggling with excel get rows, I guess there is something wrong with the file as well, but the only error i have to work with is this: 

{
  "error": {
    "code": 504,
    "source": "flow-apim-europe-001-westeurope-01.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId": "xxxxxx",
    "message": "BadGateway",
    "innerError": {
      "status": 504,
      "message": "Request to Graph API has timed out.\r\nclientRequestId: dfghfdgh\r\nserviceRequestId: sdfdsfsdfs;dfsdfsfsd;dfghdfghgfd",
      "error": {
        "message": "Request to Graph API has timed out."
      },
      "source": "excelonline-we.azconn-we.p.azurewebsites.net"
    }
  }
}

The error appears after about 15 minutes. 

Know if there is an existing bug-report or issue I can back for this to be resolved? 

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Update on the similar issue I previously mentioned.

I have been struggling with this for days basically looking at every cell and trying things like CLEAN(TRIM(CELL-REF)) with no results.

I eventually started deleting the content in the table as a process of elimination. after deleting about half of the rows it started working again. I proceeded with the elimination only to find (by accident) also deleting the first half of the rows also made it work again. I eventually removed a column with irrelevant data for the flow and it also started working.

My current theory is that it fails due to the combined size of the data in the cells and I apparently hit that spot with approximately 6000 rows and 132 columns tables. Obviously one might argue that that amount of data would be expected, but that does not excuse errors like that 😕 Also worth worth noting that I only needed to delete the content of the cells and not the cells. So the limit is perhaps not the count of rows and columns, but the combined data within the cells. I speculate that fewer cells with more text/data may induce the error as well.

Just wanted to share my findings 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (10,969)