cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Excel Online Table Name Changing After Run

Hello, 

I'm trying to import data from an excel sheet into a SharePoint list. 

My flow is triggered by "When a file is created or modified (properties only)" trigger for SharePoint. 

I then use the "List rows present in a table" action for Excel Online (Business).  

My flow works as expected during the first run.  On the second run I receive the following error message. 

No table was found with the name '{E5853258-8B64-4462-AB0C-A3E20225A269}'.
clientRequestId: 138b4399-c238-45e4-ad81-392966f40e92
serviceRequestId: 41586a4c-0adc-4e59-b650-60373138f895

It appears that the table name is changing from Table1 to a different value. 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SChorkawy,

In case after rename table name Flow couldn't find the table, you could use the Get tables action to list all tables, then append the Table ID as dynamic content into Table field:Annotation 2020-06-25 134959.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @SChorkawy,

Please use the Identifier instead of ID:

Annotation 2020-06-30 172250.jpgAnnotation 2020-06-30 172230.jpg

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-litu-msft thank you for getting back to me! 

Using Identifier fixed both of my problems!

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SChorkawy,

In case after rename table name Flow couldn't find the table, you could use the Get tables action to list all tables, then append the Table ID as dynamic content into Table field:Annotation 2020-06-25 134959.jpg

Best Regards,

Hello @v-litu-msft

I tried using Get tables, but it results in another error. 

{
  "status": 404,
  "message": "The resource could not be found.\r\nclientRequestId: a6f1acb2-c6d4-417b-9b77-eee3dcf6eae0\r\nserviceRequestId: 525d83f3-b158-4910-bab1-50187b2b66ea",
  "error": {
    "message": "The resource could not be found."
  },
  "source": "excelonline-ce.azconn-ce.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

I tried selecting the file through the File Browser as you did in your example.  In the screen shot below you can see I'm using the file ID from the flows trigger.  Both cases result in the same error message. 
Annotation 2020-06-25 092136.png

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

In these flow actions the Excel file "name" and the table "name" are recorded by their GUID-type IDs.

If you carry out certain operations on the file, such as a move or a replace with a new files "of the same name" it will result in a different ID which does not match the one stored in your flow.

To get around this you can do as suggested and *each time the flow executes* determine the ID of the file from filename, then determine the ID of the table in the file, and use these dynamically.

I'm not saying this IS your issue, but it certainly could be!

Hi @SChorkawy,

Please use the Identifier instead of ID:

Annotation 2020-06-30 172250.jpgAnnotation 2020-06-30 172230.jpg

Best Regards,

Hi @v-litu-msft thank you for getting back to me! 

Using Identifier fixed both of my problems!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,954)