cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excel Read Cell Value and Send in Email

I had an excel spreadsheet that get's uploaded to OneDrive every night. I need to extract a value from the table and send that value in an email. How can I get the cell value Total and send that in an email? Here is my excel file and flow. Excel FileExcel FileFlowFlow

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Here's an example:

2020-01-02 17_17_42-Create your flow _ Power Automate.png2020-01-02 17_18_56-Test.xlsx - Excel.png2020-01-02 17_18_14-Run History _ Power Automate.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

The issue is in the "Get a row". You need to define the "Key Column" as the column that identifies the row and now the number of the row. When Power Automate tries to fetch a value it will search Excel's Table for a column called "Key Column" and then try to find the ID defined in "Key Value".

You need to create a new column that is the actual ID for each column and replace the "Key Column" with that created column.

Cheers
Manuel

RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you're almost there, in the key column type Total. In the Key Value select the Total column from the dynamic content, don't type a value in.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I tried to specify Total as my "Key Column".

example.png

I don't follow the rest of your explanation, is there a clear example you can provide? 

@Anonymous 

Total is not your key column. Is the value you want to collect. You need a key column in that table. In your Excel add a new column after Column 5 and call it "ID". Then put the number 2 there and in your Power Automate in the Key Column replace the total with the ID.

Cheers
Manuel

@Anonymous, @manuelstgomes is right, my mistake. As far as I recall the key column needs to have unique values.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Hi @Anonymous 

Here's an example:

2020-01-02 17_17_42-Create your flow _ Power Automate.png2020-01-02 17_18_56-Test.xlsx - Excel.png2020-01-02 17_18_14-Run History _ Power Automate.png

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please take a try with @manuelstgomes 's solution to add a ID column to the excel table and insert value 2 to the row with the Total value that you need.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (971)