cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
PiccinelliS
Regular Visitor

Excel Table - Delete a row - No row was found with Id

Hello everyone,

I have created a 2 steps flow "Recurrence" based. Unfortunately I cannot share it but it is very straightforward.
Objective: at midnight every week completely delete all row of one table (At midnight+10minutes the table gets filled with new data coming from a MS planner extract)

Step 1: List rows present in a Table (the step is always successful)
Step 2: Delete rows. To do so I have used an "Apply to each" + Delete row (this step fails)

Capture.PNG

The error I get is the 404: No row was found with Id... and it happens always with the very first row.
The get "List of rows..." works fine, identifying the rows:

>>"ItemInternalId": "01c01d8f-1bbd-49de-99da-a78f65d88d59",
>>"Task Name": "Documentation for the App"
 
This seems to pass to the next step but then, at the moment of removing the row, it is not anymore there (?!?)
I thought of space problem, but it isn't (also the name is automatically picked-up)
Capture.PNG
Any suggestion?
3 REPLIES 3
abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @PiccinelliS 

 

Most likely you have blank values for the 'Task Name'. Have a look at this post below.

 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Excel-Table-Delete-a-row-quot-No-row-was-found-wi...

 

Thanks



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

Thanks for the reply.
I had already tried the step reported in that post (sorry for not mentioning) and it did not help.

What I do not understand, and the source of my problem, is that the Task name is read and past to the next step within the same flow. This means that:

  1. the <Task Name> exists in the excel;
  2. it is correctly read in the first step of the flow
  3. it is correctly passed to the second step of the flow;
  4. but somehow, at the point of having to delete the row which contains that value, it cannot find it.
Newbie_16
Frequent Visitor

Hi

 

I had the same error today and here's what I found out. Parameter setting used for "key value" is string.

 

Newbie_16_0-1616907050038.png

 

I tried changing the data type of my key column to text and it works.  

 

Newbie_16_1-1616907318752.png

Newbie_16_2-1616907398141.png

 

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (25,393)