cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AaronCutlip

Excel Update Row - 409 Conflict Error

I have a Flow that is triggered by the creation of an item in SharePoint.  The Flow then uses the Excel "Update a Row" action to update an XLSX stored in OneDrive for Business.   This usually works the first time I try, and maybe the second, but then I start getting 409, "Conflict" as if the previous run left the file open somehow.   Even if I wait an hour it sometimes still has the error.   Then, maybe if I wait three hours or so, everything works again, until I trigger another run.   I cannot seam to figure out why the file is remaining open.

Any thoughts?   Below you will find the detailed error output.

OUTPUTS
  • Headers
    { "Pragma": "no-cache", "x-ms-request-id": "53abbe5f-cff2-4548-bfb4-43efd291dc3f", "Cache-Control": "no-cache", "Date": "Tue, 31 Jan 2017 23:48:06 GMT", "Server": "Microsoft-IIS/8.0,Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0", "X-AspNet-Version": "4.0.30319", "X-Powered-By": "ASP.NET", "Content-Length": "123", "Content-Type": "application/json; charset=utf-8", "Expires": "-1" }
  • Body
    { "status": 409, "message": "Cannot write file to filesource. Dataset:01KFWBLBBSWZWC27IFNVFJMGGEG3T7MKNA", "source": "127.0.0.1" }
5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Excel Update Row - 409 Conflict Error

Hi,

Have you tried to use the "OneDrive for Business" action instead of "Update Row" action? I don't get this error using the "ODFB" action. Please have a try.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AaronCutlip

Not sure I understand.   I am trying to update an existing Excel file that is stored in OneDrive for Business.   So, I choose the logical choice "Excel - Update Row".   Are you saying I can use one of the OneDrive for Business actions to update a row in an Excel file?  If so, please explain, or send a link.   

-- Thanks!

Community Support
Community Support

Hi Aaron,

Yes, I mean that you could use the "OneDrive for Business - Update file" action.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JCrumpton
Regular Visitor

I'm having a similar issue with inserting a row using the Excel Insert Row action based on data from a MySQL database.  The Excel insert allows for data to be mapped to columns on an Excel table.  When looking at the One Drive Update and mapping to the same file, there doesn't seem to be a way do so. Any suggestions or could you provide screenshots or a video

florismk Advocate I
Advocate I

Experiencing the same issue with the same Excel - Insert Row action. I use it to create a daily listing of a Dropbox folder, so the Insert Row action runs a couple dozen times, one for each file in the Dropbox folder. About 1 in 10 Insert Row actions fails with error 409.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,922)