cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excel Update Row using a Dynamic variable to indicate which table to use

Hi everyone, 

I'm very new to Flow and Power Automate and its been slow goings so far with many stumbling blocks along the way - hope to get some help with this one.

I'll try and explain what I'm working on:

• I have an excel file with multiple tables in it.
  • initialised counter variable and set to 1
  • start while loop
  • each table is called according to the counter variable (ie. Count 1 = table 1)
  • row updated
  • add one to count

The problem I have is setting the Row that I want updated in the table, as it is a Dynamic call to the table that is called via the variable counter (not sure if that makes sense) I can use a Switch option and for each case of the counter, call an individual table, however I have over 15 tables to call from and would rather not have to write/copy 15 different iterations of the same thing.

I've mocked up a simple test. Following are screenshots:

Table 1

table1.PNG

table 2:

table2.PNG

Flow:
* call for Table is to concat "table" with the current variable counter

flow.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Unfortunately, there is no way could use the Dynamic content to indicate which table to use in the Excel connector, including the Excel file name.

There already have a idea in the IDEA forum, you can head to vote it to make it come true:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Dynamic-excel-table-names/idi-p/267002

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Unfortunately, there is no way could use the Dynamic content to indicate which table to use in the Excel connector, including the Excel file name.

There already have a idea in the IDEA forum, you can head to vote it to make it come true:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Dynamic-excel-table-names/idi-p/267002

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,715)