cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Excel Update a Row does not work

Hello,

I have created a Flow which needs to update a row in the Excel. However, the Update a Row action does not work and give an error the matching ID is not found. Screenshots below.

Power Automate1.png

The error is as below:

Power Automate2.png

However, the Id with the given value exists in the excel. In fact the value of Id is coming from the excel itself from a 'List rows in table' operation.

Power Automate3.png

The excel column uses the formula ROW() to maintain the uniqueness of the value.

Is there a solution available for this?

If this a known issue with the 'Update a row' operation for Excel, is there any alternate available to update the data in excel?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Excel Update a Row does not work

hi @keepitsimple  unfortunally PA don't allows read formules in excel, please try adding the ID manually.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Excel Update a Row does not work

Hello @ChristianAbata ,

Many thanks for your response.

I too thought the same and tried by removing the formula as well. However, it still doesn't work.

I do not know what is going on here. I have another flow where this is working fine. But in this flow i have tried by doing it by different ways, but could not make it work 😭

I hope if someone can help me or point out to something which could be causing the issue.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,366)