cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brice235i
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Excel actions - Error retrieving Table - "Could not retrieve values. BadGateway"

Hi, I am trying to use the excel action to List Rows present in a table, Delete a row, Add a row.  Unfortunately I'm getting bad gateway errors when trying to reference the table.  The excel file was created from an exported SharePoint list via iqy file.  

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-to-automatically-refresh-Excel-file-synced-t...

Anyone know how to fix this?

badgateway.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CollabTechie
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Brice235i , Have you formatted your document as a table first? This is necessary when working with Flow.

CT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give a THUMBS UP if my comments was help or ACCEPT SOLUTION if this has solved your issue. Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CollabTechie
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Brice235i , Have you formatted your document as a table first? This is necessary when working with Flow.

CT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give a THUMBS UP if my comments was help or ACCEPT SOLUTION if this has solved your issue. Thanks

View solution in original post

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brice235i ,

First, you need to specify Excel file from File browse, you should not manually enter File path.

Second, the specified Excel file requires an already defined Excel table.

Third, during the process of configuring Flow, make sure that the Excel file is not opened or is being edited.

Please try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, eventually figured it out.  I exported a list to excel.  Opened the query file, formatted as a table.  

This didn't work - bad gateway error when trying to locate the table.  

What I did was remove all list data except for the headers..  deleted the table.  Then I created a brand new table.  This fixed the problem.  thanks

niga
Frequent Visitor

I'm in the same situation, and I still could not solve the problem.

I can't select any table in a Excel book when the book has a table of the .iqy file (which is created by "Export to Excel" from a sharepoint list). But I can select any table in a Excel book when I delete the table and the connection.

It seems that Power Automate cannot open any table as long as the Excel book contains a connection via .iqy file. 

Any suggestion?

gh_sp05
Regular Visitor

On the same topic is there someway i can get all .xls files instead of adding a file name.? I want to move all .xls files based on a cell value

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (46,522)