cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brice235i
Level 8

Excel actions - Error retrieving Table - "Could not retrieve values. BadGateway"

Hi, I am trying to use the excel action to List Rows present in a table, Delete a row, Add a row.  Unfortunately I'm getting bad gateway errors when trying to reference the table.  The excel file was created from an exported SharePoint list via iqy file.  

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-to-automatically-refresh-Excel-file-synced-t...

Anyone know how to fix this?

badgateway.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CollabTechie
Level 8

Re: Excel actions - Error retrieving Table - "Could not retrieve values. BadGateway"

Hi @Brice235i , Have you formatted your document as a table first? This is necessary when working with Flow.

CT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give a THUMBS UP if my comments was help or ACCEPT SOLUTION if this has solved your issue. Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CollabTechie
Level 8

Re: Excel actions - Error retrieving Table - "Could not retrieve values. BadGateway"

Hi @Brice235i , Have you formatted your document as a table first? This is necessary when working with Flow.

CT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give a THUMBS UP if my comments was help or ACCEPT SOLUTION if this has solved your issue. Thanks

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Brice235i ,

First, you need to specify Excel file from File browse, you should not manually enter File path.

Second, the specified Excel file requires an already defined Excel table.

Third, during the process of configuring Flow, make sure that the Excel file is not opened or is being edited.

Please try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Brice235i
Level 8

Hello, eventually figured it out.  I exported a list to excel.  Opened the query file, formatted as a table.  

This didn't work - bad gateway error when trying to locate the table.  

What I did was remove all list data except for the headers..  deleted the table.  Then I created a brand new table.  This fixed the problem.  thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,240)