Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xsomej
Level: Powered On

Excel - add a row - sent the file via email

Hi all,

I'm struggling with following Flow:

I have a SharePoint list from which I want to extract ceratin fields into an Excel table.

Then I want this Excel to be sent via O365 Outlook and then delete those rows.

But for some reasons, I receive the Excel file empty, even though I can see in the file itself that those rows are there.

See the attached screenshot with my Flow setup, I'll be happy to add more details.Flow setup.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Excel - add a row - sent the file via email

Hi @xsomej 

Can you please share an expanded screenshot of the flow? 

I am trying to undersatnd the scenario where you are adding the item details to an excel and then sending an email and deleting those. You can use the create an HTML table action and create a table add the columns and add the data from sharepoint item and send it as an email. If you could share more details we might better assist you with this. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

xsomej

Hi @yashag2255,

thanks for reply. I§m attaching the full Flow expanded and the email setup as well.email.PNGemail setupFlow setup expanded.PNGflow expanded

Super User
Super User

Hi @xsomej 

Can you try adding a small delay between the Get file Content and the add a row in a table 2 actions and check if you continue to get the same error? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

xsomej

Hi @yashag2255,

so I added the delay for 30 seconds between add a row 2 and get file content and it worked for like 3 tests and now it's again sending just the data from the add a row 1, although I can see two rows in the file itself.

So I added another delay between get file content and sending the email and seems to work now, for about 5 tests.

Super User
Super User

Hi @xsomej 

Cool. So the issue here is with the excel updating the file and it is taking more time than it should. Right now a work around for this would be to add and increase the delay after before the get file content or add an action to check if the rows were added (add a list rows action and check if the data exists)

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 316 members 5,326 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: