cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alkech
Level: Powered On

Excel business connector does not generate powerapps id when adding a new row to tab

Hi,

I'm using a flow which add new row in an Excel file's table on OneDrive.

This file need to be readed by a powerapps application to display the last value in the table. For that, I need to have powerapps id in my table.This column and the ids for each row are generated when i add the table as a datasource in my powerapps application. After that, this application need to write a new row in the table.

The probleme is that the Excel online (Business) connector does not generate the powerapps id in the column generated by powerapps when the adding as a datasource. He only see this column as a normal column and ask me to choose myself what needed to be in there.
The old Excel connector that is not available anymore, was generating this id by himself and not showing the powerapps id's column.
Is there a way to generate manualy a powerapps id (without this, the application cannot see the data) ? or a way to to read my excel table's values without a powerapps id ?

thanks in advance for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Alkech

Re: Excel business connector does not generate powerapps id when adding a new row to tab

Thanks for your help

I've found a other way to deal with this problem. I use the "Patch" function that still create powerapps id in the Excel file. With that, I'm no longer using a flow to transfert my data from the app to my Excel file that store all the data.

I'll continue to work with this method while the Excel connector does not provide a way to generate powerapps id.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Excel business connector does not generate powerapps id when adding a new row to tab

Hi @Alkech ,

Thanks for feedback.

The issue could be reproduced by me.

It seems that Microsoft Flow won’t add a “PowerApps_Id” column automatically, however, it is needed on PowerApps to read the data.

I will help figure out a workaround and confirm this issue from my side.

Once I got any update, I will back to you.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Alkech

Thanks for your help

I've found a other way to deal with this problem. I use the "Patch" function that still create powerapps id in the Excel file. With that, I'm no longer using a flow to transfert my data from the app to my Excel file that store all the data.

I'll continue to work with this method while the Excel connector does not provide a way to generate powerapps id.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Alkech ,

Thanks for sharing.

I am happy to hear that you have figured out a solution for this issue.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,788)