cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Runner55552
Helper IV
Helper IV

Excel list rows uses previous run data instead of new data

We have a flow that uses several Excel online List rows actions, that pull rows of data from named tables inside an Excel file residing on SharePoint.  We daily replace an Excel file on SharePoint with the same filename, same tables, same structure, so each day the flow runs and should be accessing the new file.  This works, but sometimes when testing, I have confirmed that the flow pulls in data from the previous run instead of from the new file.  I have tried clearing the browser cache manually, but doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone encountered this? Is there a better way to clear the cache?  I think our daily automated runs might work ok, as there is no "browser" involved, but for testing, I need to be able to pull updated data from the newly replaced Excel file.

2 REPLIES 2
happyume
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Have you tried adding a delay of around 30 seconds after writing rows to Excel.?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If this post or my previous reply was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up

The flow reads data from an Excel file, does not write to it. Using the Excel "List Rows" action.  This is the first action in the flow after the schedule trigger and initializing a variable or two.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,639)