cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sweteg
Level: Power Up

Excel online business: Possible to move a row to another sheet in the workbook?

Hey guys,

I couldn't find a solution to this and not sure if it's possible.  On a shared online workbork, I'm trying to have it to where if a certain drop down list choice is selected, it would move that specific row to another sheet in the same workbook.

I have the get a row filled out properly with the key value being the selection from that drop down list choice, but I can't find an action in excel online version that moves/insert a row.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Excel online business: Possible to move a row to another sheet in the workbook?

I'm not sure what your trigger is, but assuming you have that figured out maybe you could:

1. "List rows present in a table" for your source table.
  2. "For Each" value add a condition to check for key value field.
  3. If "yes", "List rows present in a table" for your target table with a filter on your key value (assuming you do not want duplicate entries).
  4. Add condition to check if a record was found (Key value is equal to Key value)
  5. If "no" (which should mean a row was not found)
  6. "Add a row into a table" into your target table
  7. "Update a row in a table" with your data. 
  8. You said "move", so maybe at this point you "Delete a row" from your source table to remove the original row.

Is your trigger going to be when a file is modified? Hope this is slightly helpful.

lota
Level: Powered On

Re: Excel online business: Possible to move a row to another sheet in the workbook?

Thank you for the solution!

Most of it worked for me, except for the Delete a row:

In my Excel table, the rows to be moved are supposed to have a key value in a specific column called "To Archive", which is "Yes".

However sometimes the cell would be empty and then I get this action failed...Even though the purpose has been perfectly filled, all the rows are moved to the second table and deleted from the first table.

Could you please help me find a way to handle this failure? 

failed1.pngfailed2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Coming Soon: T-shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,854)