Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stefan_kudev_kb
Regular Visitor

Excel "No table was found with the name" even when getting table by ID or Name

I've created the following structure for my automation: 

stefan_kudev_kb_0-1638963463235.png

This was the suggested way of ensuring I get the correct table(s) from the file.

Unfortunately, I am running into this error:

2021-12-08_11_43_25_screenshot.jpg

Even if I modify the "Table" field to use Name, instead of IdI receive the same error.

Any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stefan_kudev_kb
Regular Visitor

Hi Ferran,

Unfortunately that wasn't the solution either, but I did find a workaround to all these issues by using variables and exporting my array of results to a CSV. This worked perfectly for what I was trying to achieve.

Here is a screenshot of the full flow for anyone else that might be having a similar problem:

flow_sharepoint_to_csv_and_onedrive_solution.png

BR,

Stefan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @stefan_kudev_kb 

Hi did a test on my side and its' working fine:

device.png

Could you check that the values entered in the "Row" field are formatted accordingly?

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi Ferran,

Sadly even with just a sample JSON input matching one of the column names, I get the same error:

stefan_kudev_kb_0-1638968004416.png

and I'm certain this is a valid column within the only table that exists in that file:

stefan_kudev_kb_1-1638968077034.png

Is there perhaps another way I could approach this?

My current flow is:

1) OneDrive copies an empty template file into a file called "Latest Risk Register Export.xlsx", overriding the previous one.

2) Excel runs "Get table" for the new file to get the Unique ID of the empty table.

3) SharePoint gets all rows from the identically named SharePoint list.

4) For each row in SharePoint, I run:

stefan_kudev_kb_3-1638968637206.png

4.1) Compose is used to typecast the data into a suitable format:

stefan_kudev_kb_2-1638968518230.png

4.2) Then excel runs "Add row into table" for each table found (there is only one)

6) OneDrive copies the "Latest Risk Register Export.xlsx" file, renaming it to "yyyy-mm-dd Risk Register.xlsx"

Is there perhaps a more elegant solution which could prevent the issue? 

Thanks in advance.

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @stefan_kudev_kb 

I think that the problem is that every time you run the flow, a new Excel file is created (Latest Risk Register Export.xlsx) overriding the previous one. So probably, the action "get tables" is referencing a different file (although it has the same file name).

Could you check that? (display table IDs every time you run the flow)

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
stefan_kudev_kb
Regular Visitor

Hi Ferran,

Unfortunately that wasn't the solution either, but I did find a workaround to all these issues by using variables and exporting my array of results to a CSV. This worked perfectly for what I was trying to achieve.

Here is a screenshot of the full flow for anyone else that might be having a similar problem:

flow_sharepoint_to_csv_and_onedrive_solution.png

BR,

Stefan

smurfpow

Hello,

I have the same issue and found a solution.

Basically you just have to choose "custom value" instead of a variable and type your table name (e.g. table1)

So whenever the file is being replaced it will just look for "table1" instead. 

Hope this works. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,268)