cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelCornwell
Regular Visitor

Excel table KEEPS updating but It should only update once

Hi

I am trying to get data from a Form, this feeds into a spreadsheet (S1), from there I want a key piece of info to feed into another spreadsheet (S2). I have built the flow and S1 updates with no issues at all. However, S2 adds about 20 rows of the same information when I only want one row. I eventually want 6 spreadsheets feeding into S2 but cannot manage 1 at the moment!

I will paste the flow below:

MichaelCornwell_0-1655195824438.pngMichaelCornwell_1-1655195872328.png

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MichaelCornwell ,

According to your flow, I believe there are more than 20 rows in the "Sound Completion" spreadsheet table1. S2 will either update a row or add new rows based on the condition checker. So my question is, why are you using the list rows action again? This should be a logic problem, I think you are wanting to update or create items in S2 based on the new created item in S1. If so, you need to add condition in Filter query of the list rows action, check the condition on the amount of rows from the output:

vjefferni_0-1655456899158.png

if count >= 1, for each row update the value, if not add a new row. So the add a row will be out of the loop.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Thanks for the reply @v-jefferni Would I put the Condition in before, after or instead of list row? (I'm a novice and learnt the original flow from YouTube). TIA

Hi @MichaelCornwell ,

Edit:

You need to add the condition below the list rows action.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

MichaelCornwell
Regular Visitor

MichaelCornwell_0-1657788181206.png

I took out the last step and replaced with your suggestion, it still has difficulties.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,597)