cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bchan1

Excel table : No row was found with Id xx

I am trying to use "update a row" but error "No row was found with Id xx" is shown.

I then tried to obtain the row Id by using output from "list rows present in a table", I fed the Id of the output again into "get a row function" but no luck, still the same error "No row was found with Id xx". I am not sure is this a bug, entering "Key Value" for "get a row"/"update a row" resulting the same error.image.pngimage.png

bchan1_0-1616669220913.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Rilsina
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

Please try with key value as P1, it should work.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

bchan1

After awhile same thing failed again, I am frustrated.

bchan1_0-1616728542676.png

4 REPLIES 4
Rilsina
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

Please try with key value as P1, it should work.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Rilsina,

Thanks a lot! After your comment it is okay now, I have been trying the same things for a number of times but no luck before. It now worked magically!

And the exact same thing of my original post works now as well, not sure if a bug is fixed. Thanks anyway!

bchan1_0-1616724761528.png

bchan1

After awhile same thing failed again, I am frustrated.

bchan1_0-1616728542676.png

Rilsina
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

Key Value is the unique ID that 'update a row' action searches in your excel to update.

For my Use case: I added a column Sr.No in Excel and in flow created a new variable count, initialized it to 1. In Update a row, Key column was Sr.No and key value was variable count. After first update i used increment variable action to increment count. 

This helped the update a row to successfully run in loop. You can try if you have a similar use case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (53,958)