cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Excel to Dynamics 365 LookUps

I am trying to create a flow that will create a contact and also either add a new account if it does not already exist or 'lookup' the account value and attach to the contact record. Have been looking for a solution but can't find any in forums. I am new to Power Automate - can anybody either aid with a solution or direct me to a good resource.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gavibe,

Where are these contacts store in? Is it a custom entity of Dynamic 365?

If you can give more detail about your requirements, it will better for us to assist.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, Apologies.

My data is coming from simple excel online spreadsheet:

First Name | Last Name | Email | Account

I have managed to get the flow working to import the first three columns, but it is the Account lookup I am struggling with.

Thank you

Hi @gavibe,

You can check the Look Up column - Account whether it is empty. If it is not empty, not create a account, if it is empty, filter out the entity of Dynamic 365 whether have this account according to the Account value.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Has anyone got some guidance on how to do this? Online resource etc

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,885)