cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imLennert
Frequent Visitor

Excel to JSON Error involving blanks/empty fields

I've been going at this for a good day or two and it's driving me crazy. 

Pretty much what I'm trying to do is upload an Excel file to Azure SQL. I did this with Power Automate but an Excel file containing 2000 rows takes 25minutes to push to Azure SQL and that's a little too much imo. 

So now I'm trying to go from Power Automate to BLOB Storage to Azure SQL (Last step using Azure DTF). 

Now the thing is my Excel file has blank values and I keep getting errors when trying to parse this to a number.

Ok, forum says I do not have permission to upload images so I'll elaborate in text: 

My "List rows present in a table" returns a JSON and the blank values are returned as "", though this field should be a number.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @imLennert,

Are you using a Parse Json action? If so, you could change the schema to allow null values for your number field.

"yourfield": {
               "type": [
                        "number",
                        "null"
                       ]
}

April Dunnam has created a great article about this solution approach: https://www.sharepointsiren.com/2018/10/flow-parse-json-null-error-fix/

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (39,958)