Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lanre
Level: Powered On

Excel to Planner Date confusion

Hello all,

Let me start off by saying this is my first attempt at using flow, and I have searched related posts for a clear answer and I Haven't been able to find one. I set up a "Test" excel sheet that has a single table with a task, an assignee, a start date, and a due date and has been trying to create a planner task from this information. I have a flow set up to be manually triggered for now but keep running into issues with the dates from excel to planner. I have found this issue on a number of posts but I am not able to make the suggestions work for me. I have tried making the dates "text" and get an error "The request is invalid:
Cannot convert the literal '11/15/19' to the expected type 'Edm.DateTimeOffset'." 2019-11-15_08h32_35.png2019-11-15_08h33_58.png I have tried adding this step in my flow 2019-11-15_08h41_25.png2019-11-15_08h42_11.png as suggested in another post using the code 

addDays('1899-12-30',int(outputs('Compose')),'yyyy-MM-dd')

but can't seem to get it to work either perhaps I'm missing a step in the create task step to make this one work? I also tried adding the expression into the start and end date fields of create task without success. Can anyone point me in the correct direction please!?

"The request is invalid:
Cannot convert the literal '43784' to the expected type 'Edm.DateTimeOffset'"

3 REPLIES 3
Lanre

Re: Excel to Planner Date confusion

bump

v-analma

Hello Lanre,

Did you already try to use the formatDateTime('<timestamp>', '<format>'?) expression before using the value from the Excel file?

https://flow.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/use-expressions-in-actions/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference#f...

Best regards,

Ana Mateus

Support Engineer

Power Platform

Lanre

I haven't let me go through your links and let me see how it goes.

Thank you for the response. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,882)