cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laage
Regular Visitor

Excel unable to parse DateTime value from Outlook

I'm working on a flow to get events from the current week into an Excel spreadsheet using the 'Get calendar view of events (V3)'

The data is getting in but I have two fields per event 'Start Time' and 'End Time' which I'd like to use to get the duration of each event, basically this Excel formula:  '=[@EndTime]-[@StartTime]'.

However, it seems that Excel only reads the field as text, because I get a value error in the calculated field. I've tried formatting the cell(s) to DateTime, but it does not reformat the content of the field. The content remains in this format: '2021-07-21T11:50:00.0000000'

This is what the current step looks like now: 

Laage_0-1627042672763.png

I thought I could manipulate the input to Start and End Time på wrapping the dynamic content in the formatDateTime expression, but as soon as I write an expression I lose access to the outputs from 'Get calendar view...' and can only access the 'body' and 'value' variables.

Am I going about this all wrong? What am I missing here?

Kind regards

/Laage

2 REPLIES 2
JamesYumnam
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Laage  please try formatting Start time and End time using formatDateTime() instead of directly passing their values.

Laage
Regular Visitor

Hello @JamesYumnam

Maybe I was unclear. I've already tried to format the two values with the formatDateTime() expression but I was unable to access the values after adding the formatDateTime() expression.

If i just try to add the values directly into the Add a row into a table-step, this is what i see:

Laage_0-1627049636453.png

Basically I can access all the values from the events directly.

However if I try to wrap Start Time and/or End Time in the formatDateTime() expression, it feels like I lose access to the individual values of the events and I only see the body and value items:

Laage_1-1627049800947.png

I'm really new to Power Automate, so I may be missing something about the process here.

Kind regards

/Laage

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,617)